It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organisation.How To Contribute To Our Vision
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer for our dedicated Software Development Engineering team providing both onsite and remote technical support of systems and components within the windfarms in the North Europe and Middle East region.
The Software engineer will a part of our Software Models and Control (SMC) team located within the Offshore Technology Department.Some of your other tasks will include but not be limited to:
What You Need To Make a Difference
- You will design, develop and implement new software features in line with our Software quality and Test Process.
- Reviews relevant requirements, standards, and other documentation to clarify and understand software engineering requirements.
- Completes the development of software test requirements for modules under development.
- Develop new Software for our Power/Frequency Converters.
- Occasionally you will be requested to complete remote site investigations and troubleshooting for our Electrical systems worldwide.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- You need to have good understanding of electrical and electronic engineering
- Skilled in C++, C, Python, Perl and other programming languages will be an added advantage
- Experienced using distributed revision-control tools such as Mercurial or GIT
- You are a strong communicator and have good English language skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Experienced in AGILE development principles
- Understanding of the Root Cause Analysis process and troubleshooting skills
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation
- Competitive pension scheme
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.
#AssociateSiemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.