About Energy Vault
Energy Vault® develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to sustainable energy storage. The Company's comprehensive offerings include proprietary gravity-based storage, battery storage, and green hydrogen energy storage technologies. Each storage solution is supported by the Company’s hardware technology-agnostic energy management system software and integration platform. Unique to the industry, Energy Vault’s innovative technology portfolio delivers customized short-and-long-duration energy storage solutions to help utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial energy users significantly reduce levelized energy costs while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial reuse, Energy Vault’s EVx™ gravity-based energy storage technology is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the global clean energy transition for its customers. Please visit www.energyvault.com for more information.
Our purpose: We exist to enable a sustainably energized world.
Our vision: We envision a future where nature and humankind coexist in harmony.
Our mission: We provide energy solutions to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
Our values: We Commit, Innovate, Connect, Deliver, and Lead.
About The Role
As a hands-on individual contributor, you will utilize your customer engagement and negotiation skills to manage key accounts and respond to customer inquiries, effectively presenting Energy Vault’s products and services and devising solutions to create value for our clients. You will leverage your commercial skills to manage the customer expectations and deliverables throughout the sales cycle and negotiate deals all the way from proposal submittal to contract signing. You will conduct detailed due diligence on public RFP with associated preparatory work. You will make recommendations whether to pursue available opportunities in the market. You will manage and grow a pipeline of opportunities using established CRM processes. A representative of Energy Vault in customer meetings and industry events, you will follow up with stakeholders you meet to close deals. The incumbent is expected to start initially as a Senior Manager and progress to a Director in 1-2 years, with sales accountability for multiple countries within the EMEA region. For a candidate with extensive experience already at the Director level, we can consider hiring someone with the Director title.
There will be 25-40% travel, predominantly within the UK, sometimes elsewhere in Europe, and occasionally internationally (within the EMEA region or to USA).
What You Will Do
- Manage and grow the opportunities pipeline.
- Lead customer engagements, manage key accounts, and devise solutions from Energy Vault’s products and services to create customer value.
- Attend industry events.
- Close deals.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a Qualified Candidate Should Possess
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in grid-scale storage sales and/or renewable energy generation (solar or wind) sales to utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial clients.
- 10+ years of total engineering/commercial/corporate experience.
- Good knowledge in our industry. Experience in public companies is a plus.
- Excellent customer negotiation skills.
- Desire to lead commercial activities with a drive to create opportunities and book deals.
- Proven track record formulating win-win proposals and closing deals.
- Fluency in English; other languages are a plus.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments, process building, and lean teams.
Energy Vault compensation and benefits for USA employees currently include
Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
401K employer matching.
80% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and family.
100% company-paid Life insurance, Short- and long-term disability insurance.
10 holidays per year.
Flexible time off plus 96 hours of sick time.
Reimbursement for home office equipment, phone, and internet expenses.
Ongoing Exploration Of Additional Benefits As The Company Grows.
Switzerland, UK, and Australia employees have similar compensation components and different benefits.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.