is a rapidly growing EV Infrastructure business where our mission is to Make the EV Switch Simple
. We are driven by our mission and operate by our core values
focusing on People, Enabling Change, Simplicity,
. We are seeking a Junior Full-stack Developer
to join our tech team.
What will you be doing?
- Develop responsive front end interfaces and components using React (TypeScript), Tailwind CSS, HTML and CSS.
- Build new back end features using Node.js, Express, Firebase Cloud Functions and Firebase for real-time data syncing.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to translate wireframes and prototypes into high quality code.
- Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code to launch new features and products.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues reported by Sentry and Customer Support team.
- Minimum 1 year commercial experience using JS and NodeJS (Essential)
- Keen to learn new technology such as Flutter
- Passion for the renewable energy and net zero agenda
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively (Essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) (Essential)
We want to build a team that reflects our society and the customers we serve. Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criterion. At EVC, we want to encourage you to apply even if your experience does not align perfectly with the requirements. You might be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
We are an ambitious EV scale-up business with the financial backing to offer stable employment, where we are making a real difference in today's world.
Climate and sustainability matter more than ever, and the UK has set a Net Zero target and a ban on diesel/petrol new car purchases by 2030. In turn, this makes a fantastic opportunity for EVC to contribute and enable the EV revolution.
A few work perks to mention;
- Flexible working options with an amazing office
- Enhanced 29 days paid leave allowance as well as the opportunity to work from abroad
- Learning and Wellbeing perks; Gympass, Octopus MoneyCoach, Learning allowances, CycleScheme, and further discounts
We are proud to be a LivingWage Employer.
Want to help Make the EV Switch Simple? We’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time Hybrid