Negotiable / Market Rates
Candidates should have knowledge of maintaining a facility, engine room, workshop or similar and the equipment within, and are able to identify issues using technical experience. On finding an issue, they should be able to resolve quickly and efficiently through applying personal practical skills to fix. They will also be expected to advise on preventative maintenance requirements and be capable of carrying it out.
The role will involve fixing and maintaining a wide range of equipment, machinery and systems and therefore are looking for people with skills in one or more of the following areas
Advanced Mechanical skills - including the disassembly, replacement of component parts and reassembly of mechanical equipment and systems
- Experience of vibration equipment desirable
- Experience of HVAC systems desirable - including F-gas
- Basic electrical skills and knowledge including lock off, tag out, 240V, 3 phase
- Engineering background
- Experience of Hydraulics and pneumatics' (pumps, hoses, compressors etc.)
- General multi-trade skills required for site maintenance
- Responsible for being "first responder" to equipment breakdowns to diagnose issues.
- Deploying your own technical skills to return equipment to safe working condition wherever possible to enable trials to continue.
- In cases where equipment requires specialist maintenance, advising the Engineering Manager quickly to call in suitable support contractor.
- Responsible for prioritising and working through Job List effectively and efficiently.
- Supporting the generation of a preventative maintenance strategy based on previous technical experience
- Carry out preventative maintenance in line with OEM and guidance or best practice.
- Being vigilant around the facilities in spotting issues before they cause a break down and rectifying
- Having a safety first approach ensuring you and those around you are safe and compliant at all times in accordance with our policy and best practice.
- Being proactive and with a "can-do" approach to drive facility availability to highest possible levels