Please note that this role is based in Saudi Arabia on a permanent, residential basis.
Job Req ID: 10976
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Safety Engineer focusing on Drilling & Workover Operations to join the Saudi Aramco Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within Saudi Aramco. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to Saudi Aramco operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all Saudi Aramco facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom.
The primary role as a Safety Engineer (Loss Prevention Engineer) is to is to provide daily support to upstream organizations to provide field and office safety support to manage safety in petroleum engineering, exploration, drilling and workover related activities, including unconventional resources and seismic operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will have the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to:
- Facilitate implementation of the Saudi Aramco Safety Management System, as well as its objectives and expectations, including developing associated safety processes, and participating in self-assessments.
- Inspect to onshore and offshore drilling rigs, workover equipment, and other support facilities and have in-depth knowledge of well control equipment and procedures (i.e., attended Basic Well Control School).
- Identify, evaluate, recommend actions, and follow up on critical, yet universal safety tasks and control methodologies related to operational safety practices (e.g., work at height, isolation/LOTO, permit to work, hydrogen sulfide, confined space entry, excavations).
- Participate in safety studies/activities using risk assessment and mitigation methodologies, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
- Develop and/or review corporate safety standards, instructions and procedures related to upstream operations and formalize them into company-documented practices as required.
- Review designs of oil and gas field facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Assist in the development of Emergency Response Plans for credible scenarios. Have a working knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS). Attend emergency drills as observer and provide feedback.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Support the reporting, classification and investigation all incidents, and participating in incident investigations, determination of root causes, and proper recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver Loss Prevention-specific training to employees, contractors, and outside parties.
- Mentor other LP personnel.
As the successful candidate, you will hold:
- A bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline from an Accredited Institution, and seven years of relevant oil and gas upstream industry experience, including a strong track record in delivering results. This would include areas such as: Drilling & Workover operations; well planning and approval; reservoir management; geology and geophysics; project management for upstream facilities development; oil & gas field development; simultaneous operations (SIMPOS) between upstream and construction/downstream operations; offshore and onshore drilling rig safety inspections; managerial audits/assessments; and safety program and emergency response plans development.
- You will have an excellent ability to communicate in English with peers as well as members of management and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.