About Our Client
- An opportunity to work for one of Europe's and the UK's largest contractors |Fantastic learning, and career progression opportunities
I am currently working in partnership with one of Europe's and the UK's leading property contractors when it comes to renewable energy. This is an exciting and new opportunity based in the Newcastle to further progress and develop your career.Job Description
The Successful Applicant
- Responsibility for supervising and overseeing external consultant design works.
- Identifying technologies suitable for installation in building assets essential to formulate practical pathways which meet the needs of our Clients and reduce carbon emissions.
- Assist the Sustainability Project Manager in the development of Client model upgrade pathways up to 2050, developing relationships with design partners and supply chain.
- Support the Sustainability team in client meetings from a technical perspective, contributing to ideas and providing technical solutions to challenges.
- Supply Chain development - Support the Sustainability Project Manager to analyse external factors and emerging supply chain innovation in order to identify potential opportunities and risks, always focused on the North's inclusive, sustainable growth agenda.
- Share technical knowledge and expertise with the sustainability and wider teams to help build confidence in solutions
- Assist in the development of a fit out and refurbishment strategy and design
- Manage thermal modelling simulations using IES/TAS/SAP and Part L compliance work including the production of EPCs and DECs
What's on Offer
- Design experience within environmental/sustainability or energy environment
- Prior experience of Social housing sector or Local Authority
- In depth technical understanding of low carbon and energy efficiency technologies
- Understanding of current and proposed UK sustainability related legislation to project solutions (Building regulations, Local Planning Policy, Zero Carbon and any future regional plans).
- An expert understanding of a range of building services systems - particularly heating and ventilation systems.
- Experience of on-site monitoring tools and their appropriate use
- Ability to build relationships with a range of people, such as project managers and contractors
- Experience of sustainability and environmental management, including best and common operational practice
- Experience of standards and systems applicable to FSC, MCS PAS 2035 CP1 and Green funding mechanisms
- Up to date knowledge of UK SHEQ legislation
- Knowledge of an ISO14001, ISO 16001 and similar systems
- Computer literate in MS Office
Contact: Mitchell Davies
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic learning, and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to work for one of Europe's and the UK's largest contractors
- Agile and flexible working
- Pension scheme
Quote job ref: JN-082023-6155646