RWE Renewables UK Management Ltd., Liverpool Bay
To start as soon as possible, full time, permanent
Operations & Maintenance
We are seeking an experienced Offshore Technician to join our dynamic service team. Rhyl Flats Windfarm comprises 25 Siemens 3.6 MW turbines, located on the North Wales Coast. The O&M base is located in Mostyn, North Wales
Core Skills Required
- Carry out troubleshooting, maintenance, and servicing works on wind turbines
- Work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Communicate WTG defects with onsite supervisors/engineering team
- Maintain maintenance records electronically of all work performed on plant
- Proactively identify & take ownership of tasks or projects to improve safety and turbine performance
- Active safety leadership and promoter of the HSE culture on-site - ensure correct reporting of incidents and accidents, near misses, and unsafe acts and conditions in a timely manner
- Liaises with other Field teams, Technical/engineering functions, supervisors /planner function, and Lead technicians on any work package/task progress
- Enact a number of roles under the Wind Turbine Safety Rules; Authorised Technician and Competent Technician
- Experience being a Technician under RWE Wind Turbine Safety Rules, Authorised Technician desirable
- Experience as a wind turbine technician, related to O&M or commissioning activities, Siemens 3.6 WTG Experience desirable
- Completed an engineering apprenticeship qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
- A sound understanding of HSSE systems, to establish a safe work environment
- Experienced in mechanical, electrical, power electronics, and hydraulic troubleshooting and maintenance activities
- Competent slinger and banksman
- Knowledge and experience of safety rules systems in both WTSR and HV
- Demonstrate good communication skills and cross-functional working
- Naturally flexible as our operation works varied hours
- Willingness to travel to attend mandatory training
Shift pattern is 7 days on 7 days off, hours of work vary with tide timesrwe.com/career
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 82962,
application deadline 05/09/2023
Any questions? Marie Bennell, email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.