We are committed to the perfect partnership with Asda and our mission is to provide them with the cleanest and best maintained stores, exceeding their expectations - every day. Due to company growth, we are looking for an additional engineer to carry out planned and reactive non-technical maintenance across a number of site locations within a specified region.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and minor PPM’s in planned and reactive maintenance at various sites.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
- Develop a good working relationship with City and ASDA colleagues.
- To read and comply with updated company briefing documents as required
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately and to the specified procedures.
- Advise the GSM of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the store.
- Complete all necessary PPM’s To ensure all PPM remedial tasks are accurately logged and actioned, ensuring legal compliance
- Responding promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Prioritising and completing minor maintenance and repair work to agreed timescales.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment necessary to complete minor maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times.
- To order spare parts as required to carry out planned and reactive repairs and to liaise with the GSM in order to completed repairs whilst minimising disruption in store
- To advise the Asda Management Team of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the store
- Although aligned to an area for the purpose of PPM completion there may be times that the GMT will be required to attend other sites within the cluster to carry out work.
- To complete general repairs and maintenance to ASDA stores as designated by the management team, e.g repairs to the building fabric, car parks surfaces or pipework.
- To assist Multi-Skilled Technicians (MSTs) when requested to do so by your line manager.
- To complete all mandatory training programmes (including overnight stays), and eLearning modules as required for your role, to ensure personal skills are aligned with role requirements.
- To always comply with the company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, including water/effluent/environmental byelaws at all times.
- Work with company and client colleagues to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times.
- To complete all tasks in line with agreed processes and training.
- Assisting other City teams when requested.
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with specific SLA’s.
- Ensure that all costs are approved.
- Maintain accurate Time Sheets as required by City process.
- Monitor and update the Mercury system including live job updates
- Identify non-repairable issues and advise your line manager of findings, with recommendations for suitable alternatives in timely manner
- To liaise with project teams on store alterations, modernisations, and other relevant works.
- To carry out specific surveys and complete reports as required by the needs of the business.
- To carry out cleaning and/or replacement of air filters on HVAC equipment
- To carry out HVAC belt replacement or re-tensioning in accordance with procedures.
- To Lubricate HVAC motor and fan bearings utilising correct lubricant as required by manufacturer’s requirements and/or PPM tasks
- To carry out cleaning and disinfection as required of all heating and cooling coils, evaporators and condensers and associated condensate drains, to ensure efficient equipment performance
- To ensure all staff are aware of and understand company practices and procedures relating to plumbing/drainage systems.
- To maintain and clean all surface and foul water drainage systems
- To maintain Pest PAR low level actions - often with short deadlines
- To complete sink, urinal, toilet and drains maintenance, including tap leaks and washers.
- To ensure Car park (bollards, barriers, trolley bays, wooden surfaces are safe and maintained.
- To ensure all systems are shut down and re-started in line with safe working practices and left working to optimum efficiency
- Complying with any other reasonable request or instruction from your Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- GCSE standard education
- Building Trade Qualification (NVQ/City & Guilds)
- Previous experience in General Building repairs
- Ability to maintain/repair a range of building fabrics, equipment and ground works, to recognised standards
- PC/iPad Literate- Apple and Android
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to complete a wide range of general plumbing and sanitaryware maintenance and repairs
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Problem solving
- Positive attitude to deliver excellent customer service
- Helpful/friendly manner
- Customer focused
- Ability to work at heights
- Competent in the use of steps and ladders
- Current driving licence
- Hands on, can do flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Time-served apprenticeship with appropriate City and Guilds qualification
- Course in water byelaws
- L8 Legionella Control
- Retail experience
What we can offer you as part of our team:
- 10% discount in ASDA stores (once your first 12 weeks have been completed)
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Discounts in popular retailers, cinemas and restaurants/food to go outlets across the UK
- Pension Scheme and generous death in service benefit
- Cycle to Work scheme
- The opportunity to build a career in a fast paced environment