up to £23.78 PAYE per hourDuration:
9 months - Potential for PermanentLocation:
Coventry - Holbrook Ln, Coventry CV6 4AAPurpose of the Job
Operate as a member of the maintenance team facilitating the effective and efficient maintenance of Plant and Equipment at MAS. Ensure that Plant and Equipment is maintained to a high standard meeting the requirements of the manufacturing areas, whilst ensuring compliance with all electrical and mechanical regulations.Main Duties/Responsibilities
Skills / Technical Requirements
- Make corrective electrical (or minor mechanical depending on training) repairs to plant and equipment for which appropriate training has been undertaken, aiming to return equipment to an acceptable condition, capable of the highest standards of performance possible subject to equipment age, condition, and previous operation/maintenance.
- Make corrective mechanical repairs to CNC machines, plant, and equipment for which appropriate training has been undertaken, aiming to return equipment to an acceptable condition, capable of the highest standards of performance possible subject to equipment age, condition and previous operation/maintenance.
- Ensure highest priority is given to safety and well-being of operators, maintenance personnel or any 3rd party in the vicinity, during equipment maintenance, using appropriate tooling.
- Implement planned corrective maintenance in a scheduled equipment shutdown situation, with the aim of restoring equipment to full operational condition, and undertake planned preventive maintenance on plant and equipment, making use of any suitable diagnostic and predictive techniques to aid maintenance.
- Provide an installation and refurbishment service for plant equipment and buildings as required to facilitate the continual improvement of company assets.
- Carry out procedural inspections to monitor and record the condition and/or operation of a variety of plant and machinery directly related to directive permits/consents to operate and ensure continuous legislative compliance.
- Support cell operations by providing any agreed preparation and training in first line maintenance procedures.
- Promote continuous improvement in overall plant operations by reducing downtime wherever possible on repeated breakdowns, by monitoring and refining 1st line maintenance schedules and preventive maintenance schedules, by understanding and acting on measures of performance.
- Train and advise other maintenance team members as appropriate, where relevant training/standards in own performance have been achieved.
- Knowledge and experience with the installation and maintenance of electrical systems is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining plant equipment including conventional, CNC machines and services is essential - experience with Mazak /Mori Seiki machines and Fanuc / Siemens controls is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in IEE wiring regulations, electrical diagrams, ladder diagrams, total productive maintenance is desirable.
- Qualification to BS7671, 18th edition is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Maintenance processes used in the manufacture of products is desirable.
- Engineering/ Maintenance Apprenticeship is essential.