Lead Process Engineer London - Very competitive Salary plus benefits Sept start
We are currently looking for a Lead Process Engineer on behalf of an established Operator in London.
- Determines engineering scope and set up an engineering work plan for the process engineering discipline on complex projects for FEED and EPC phases.
- Executes process engineering deliverables according to a set engineering design criteria utilizing approved engineering procedures, practices, and standards.
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports, and proposals.
- Takes the initiative to coordinate the detailed design development of a system with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
- Manages teams of process engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (PFDs/UFDs, HMB, equipment sizing, selection and specification, PSVs and flare system sizing and specification, etc.) within the agreed job hour budgets and schedules.
- Manages and leads complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identifies issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and helps clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Understands multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Developing and/or checking overall plant and unit simulations using standard process simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax), including development of H&MBs.
- Developing and/or checking Process Flow Diagram (PFDs) and Utility Flow Diagrams (UFDs) being able to explain selected flow configuration.
- Developing and checking calculation of equipment sizes including vessels, columns, heat exchanger requirements, and packaged equipment specifications.
- Attendance and input at major reviews such a PFD/P&ID reviews, HAZOPs, and 3D model reviews. Representing the process engineering discipline and being able to explain process design questions to clients and other disciplines.
- Development of relief load narratives, relief load calculations, load summaries and relief valve datasheets.
- Development of offsites and utility design including consumptions and the overall utility summary.
- Development of alarm and trip setpoint and process safety time calculations.
Skills and Qualifications
- A recognized masters degree in chemical engineering from an accredited college or university
- A conceptual understanding of chemical engineering principles of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics, and their general application to process design.
- Extensive relevant industrial experience in multiple types of units/processes required such as: Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification, Coal, gas, or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia, Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC, Carbon capture and sequestration, Solar and/or combined cycle power plants, Hydrogen value chain including reforming, liquefaction, transportation, and fuelling stations, Offshore and onshore pipelines, Desalination, raw water, demineralized water, and wastewater treatment plants, Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
- Excellent knowledge of technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Extensive experience with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality, or processes
- Extensive experienced in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design.
- Knowledgeable in process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption (steam, power, cooling water) and reduce/mitigate flare loads.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
- Extensive Process Engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry, with a many complex lead roles undertaken.
CVs to email@example.com