- Production Maintenance Operative
Rate of pay
- £16.00 per hour
08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday. Some weekends when required.
We are currently recruiting a production maintenance operative for a coffee manufacturing company in Battersea.
Duties Would Include The Following
- Carry out day to day maintenance activities providing maintenance cover for fast flowing packaging and labelling lines, including planned preventative maintenance, breakdown, repair, installation and project work.
- Providing maintenance support on the industrial packaging machines, completing basic troubleshooting with some simple adjustments and corrections to foil path etc with the ability to execute checks under instructions from suppliers engineering.
- Identify on weekly basis maintenance requirements for the packaging and roasting machines and communicate this to the Production and Engineering teams.
- Foster a culture of planned preventative maintenance PPM.
- Adhere to health and safety, quality, and hygiene standards.
- Implement engineering solutions aligned with an overall strategy to minimise downtime.
- Keeping accurate records of repairs and follow up actions required.
- General Housekeeping and ensuring production and working areas are kept clean & clear whilst ensuring all onsite H & S procedures are followed
- Knowledge and experience in a Food or Manufacturing environment
- No certification required. Ideally familiar with the use of basic functions of multi-meter to check DC connections and fuses.
- Ability to fault find and repair on a wide range of manufacturing equipment including the packing, labelling, and Roasting machines.
- Skilled and experienced in both basic electrical & mechanical maintenance.
- GCSE standard Maths & English competency
- H&S qualification (desirable)
- Good work ethic
Please note that we are a temporary industrial agency based in Earls Court and we would need to speak with you before being able to put you forward for an interview with the client.
Please note we are a PAYE company and do not accept CIS cards (self-employed) and you must have a relevant work permit.
Extraman Ltd is working on behalf of their clients and will only respond to successful applicants.