Itero Technologies (www.itero-tech.com)
Iver, Buckinghamshire, UK
Start date: From August 2023
About the role
The Maintenance Technician role will be based at our R&D facility in Iver, Buckinghamshire, with responsibility for the maintenance of a high temperature thermal conversion pilot plant.
You will join a small team and be required to take over the daily maintenance and operation of the plant during testing of multiple different feedstocks. You will be expected to adhere to health and safety compliance, and to be responsible for maintaining the plant in good condition using initiative and maintenance schedules whilst writing maintenance procedure. In addition, regular mechanical troubleshooting will be required to identify and repair various aspects of the plant when there is a fault. You will have a proactive and hands-on approach to problem solving, the ability to work independently on evenings when required.
As part of a small company, the Maintenance Technician will have a proactive attitude and be able to apply themselves to a wide range of tasks. They will have the opportunity to shape company culture and strategy.
We are a recycling technology company working on solutions for a circular future for plastics. Our proprietary technology is a process for chemical recycling, a growing and innovative industry that offers new circular solutions for plastics and differs from traditional methods of recycling plastics. Chemical recycling, sometimes also called advanced recycling, converts otherwise non-recyclable plastic waste into resources for producing virgin-quality plastic products. Alongside our R&D pilot plant near Heathrow, we are developing our recycling facility in the Netherlands, which will be capable of processing up to 27,000 tonnes per year of mixed plastic waste.
Our cleantech solutions are powered by a group of ambitious and innovative thinkers, with a shared passion for tackling the most pressing environmental issues. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team in the growing sustainability sector. This role would suit a self-starter with a passion for clean technology and the circular economy, who wants to have a central role in shaping Itero’s direction, culture, and growth.
- Maintenance of a high temperature thermal conversion pilot plant, with focus on planning and execution of mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Operating support on pilot plant trials including feedstock preparation, run operation, collection of basic data, dismantling mechanical equipment and full cleaning.
- Support R&D team to deliver necessary adjustments and repairs to the pilot plant.
- Regular checks of plant equipment.
- Manage stocks of critical parts of equipment for the pilot plant.
- Contact suppliers when required.
- Parcels reception when needed.
- An experienced Maintenance Technician with 3+ years’ experience in practical mechanical maintenance tasks. Basic knowledge of process equipment and plant operation.
- A recognised Maintenance Apprenticeship/Training.
- Basic MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-starter, available to work on evenings when required.
- Willing to grow and make an impact along with a small team in the sustainability and circular economy sector.
- Excellent HSE knowledge.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with PLC operation, I&C, electrical maintenance work (single & 3 phase installations)
- Practical plant operation experience.
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/NVQ/C&G or equivalent qualification in mechanical, engineering or maintenance.
- A proactive and can-do attitude – willing to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Willing to learn and be responsible for all aspects of plant maintenance, repairs, and operation.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Accountability for results on planned tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Fluent English Language.
- Up to £30,000 p/a dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday (not including public holidays)
- Yearly personal development budget
- Cycle to work scheme
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life and we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including compressed or part-time hours.
Our Company Culture: Who we are
As we are committed to creating the best possible engineering processes, we are also committed to building a great workplace. We strive to foster an environment of trust and opportunity, where ambitious people can take pride in their work as individuals and as a team, and are supported to grow.
At all levels of our company, there must be flexibility and independence. We trust employees to make their own decisions, and we value those who can work independently and take initiative. We want to support our team in both their personal and professional lives, and understand this means different things for different individuals. With Itero, you’ll have high exposure to other parts of the business, you won’t be boxed into a particular position or level, and we’ll invest in your career development.
Part of being a great place to work is finding the right people and ensuring they have the conditions to thrive. For us, that means practicing inclusive and non-discriminatory hiring practices, as we believe talent can be found anywhere, but acknowledge that it is not always recognised or uplifted. Our approach to inclusive hiring is something we are actively learning and developing. We are open to feedback on how to improve.
Read more at our website: https://www.itero-tech.com/careers-and-culture
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health & wellbeing program
- On-site parking