An exciting opportunity for an electrically biased Wind Turbine Technician to join a successful wind industry service provider. The opportunity is to take on a leading role and to assist in the further growth of the business and development of the team. We require an electrician with industrial 3 phase experience. The successful candidate must be able to read electrical drawings and understand control systems.
We work across the UK, servicing, repairing, building/commissioning wind turbines ranging from 225Kw to 1.3Mw. A normal working week will be based in Scotland, so a desire to work away from home for up to 4 nights per week is essential.
- Actively take part in trouble shooting, fault finding and scheduled maintenance.
- Perform analysis and create reports.
- Produce all necessary paper and computerised reports for management on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Scheduled service in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety to comply with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR.
- Fault-finding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components.
- Responsible for tool maintenance and management.
- Remote diagnosis of turbine faults.
- Daily & weekly PPE checks.
- Site housekeeping.
- Comply with customer site rules.
- Partake in rota for on call cover on weekends and bank holidays.
- Assist in all areas of site operations
- Significant experience on wind turbines in a technician capacity ideally 2 - 5 years
- Knowledge of Multi Brand Turbines
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- Fault diagnostic and repair experience.
- Ability to demonstrate significant knowledge and understanding of a wind turbine.
- Compliance with all manuals, work instructions, processes and procedures in the workplace at the Wind Farm
- Able to work at heights and small / limited space, possibly in changing weather conditions at remote locations
- Strong sense of organisation and planning.
- Good leadership experience.
- Be comfortable to travel away from home.
- High level of computer literacy
- Candidates must hold valid GWO Working at Heights, First Aid, Manual Handling and Fire Awareness.
- Working at Heights Medical.
- Electrical Engineer background (NVQ Level 3 / Qualified Electrical Engineer)
- Mechanical skills (Preferable)
- Full UK driving licence.
Further training will be supplied
Salary: From £41,000.00 per year
Paid overnight allowance
Company pension scheme
Laptop will be supplied
Accommodation will be arranged when you are away on sites.