What we’re looking for:
Reporting to our Claims Analytics Business Partner, you will sit within the Data Science and Development team in Claims Analytics where we are looking to increase our capabilities guided by several strategic changes across the business through many change programmes. We have few full time, permanent positions available based remotely from our London office.
Skills you will need:
- Excellent level of experience of BI platforms and tools
- Experienced in SAS 9.2, SQL
- An understanding of the following would also be advantageous: Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau
- Excellent level of experience of data structures, design, coding and development methodologies
What you'll do:
Our developers analyse, develop and complete testing across a large and complex estate with a wide-ranging set of purposes from data feeds, core warehouse builds and MI reporting.
You will help support the wider Claims team analysts as access to the data moves across data systems. You will re-write all Claims reporting processes and analytical outputs. You will also aid the development of business intelligence artefacts.
- Adopt efficient design principles to "Extract, Transform and Load" data
- Analyse existing jobs, code and associated mechanism to establish a suitable migration approach
- Create necessary code and data integration jobs to process large volumes of complex data
- Perform unit testing, system testing and UAT
- Guide the enhancement of the standard design framework and data architecture principles
- Produce and maintain training/user guides, data dictionary and report libraries
- Analyse existing data systems and items to ensure new requirements are scoped, captured, understood and input into new data solutions
Ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role and our customer facing teams will have scheduled office time, as well as days where you can ditch the commute and work from home.
We'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you, please get in touch with the team to discuss.
What we'll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that's why we'll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a competitive salary and an industry leading reward package.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
Hours: 35 hours a week, Monday- Friday
Training - 2 weeks training in our London office, hybrid work model after