Requisition ID 33829
Office Country United Kingdom
Office City London
Division Banking Sectors
Contract Type Intern
Contract Length 06 months
Posting End Date 04/09/2023
Purpose of Job
The New Product Delivery Team within the Financial Institutions Group is looking for (an) intern(s) to support the team.
Financial Institutions Group is one of EBRD's largest sector teams, responsible for approximately 40% of EBRD's annual business investment via a wide spectrum of projects in the financial sector. Its client base comprises over 300 partner FIs across almost all EBRD countries of operation.
The New Product Delivery Team, working closely with client coverage teams, develops and pilots new impactful products for implementation via financial institutions in EBRD's countries of operations. The team also screens the market for opportunities in new areas that the Bank wants to engage in, such as innovative financing channels such as risk sharing, digitalisation initiatives via financial intermediaries and supply chain financing as well as innovations in the financing of sustainable agriculture and green finance for mitigation and adaptation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Supporting the development of products, tools and client offerings through idea generation, screening, concept development, product development, validation, testing and piloting.
- Data gathering, research and providing background information into specific areas of product development.
- Organisation and support to the management of upcoming events or workshops in the EBRD region of operation
- Active coordination between external and internal stakeholders within FI and EBRD.
- Preparation of outreach materials and ad-hoc briefings when needed
- Drafting specific assigned portions of EBRD documents
- Ad hoc assignments
- Ensuring that all tasks assigned are completed within the specified periods to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
- Relevant degree from a leading university preferably in Economics, Finance, Business, Development Studies. MBA preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Awareness of recent trends and market developments in climate finance. Understanding of SME lending, data analysis including modelling, and agriculture finance is a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with the EBRD regions of operation, including via work and/or study experience
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spreadsheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.
Sustainability, Private Equity, Bank, Banking, Equity, Energy, Finance