Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Global Process Owner (GPO) for Clinical Strategy & Integration in Clinical Supply Chain Excellence will provide strategic and tactical support to develop and maintain clinical supply strategy & integration processes. This role will be accountable and responsible to provide oversight and decisions required (including project budget management) to collaborate with other Global Supply Chain colleagues to ensure development & maintenance of process maps & digital roadmaps which support BMS’ portfolio of clinical studies. This role will also be responsible for cultivating an environment of operational and technological innovation supporting the Global Clinical Supply Chain organization in planning and execution of projects to strategically transform the organization into a future-facing, highly efficient and effective organization. The GPO, with input from Clinical Supply Chain organization and other stakeholders, will endorse the final process design including the associated document hierarchy supporting the process including subsequent changes as well as defining and implementing process metrics to achieve Business Outcomes. The GPO has ultimate accountability for the effectiveness and efficiency of the assigned process including ensuring appropriate process interdependencies with other systems and processes.
- Accountable for development and maintenance of global processes (including process maps, digital roadmaps, SIPOC’s, SOP’s, procedural documents, training materials) for Clinical Supply Strategy & Integration in support of BMS’s global portfolio of clinical studies. This is done in close cooperation and input from relevant stakeholders including Clinical Supply Chain, Clinical Supply Operations, Global Supply Chain, Global Development Operations and other global functions (e.g Global Quality, Tax, Legal, etc.). Collaborates with Finance colleagues to ensure that physical and financial flows are developed and maintained for the clinical supply network.
- Accountable to develop an effective and efficient process, including vendor management (of digital systems) as applicable, as well as to ensure full compliance with the process.
- Accountable to ensure process optimization, improvement and long-term sustainability following standard methodology.
- Ensures role definition and clarity on key accountabilities for process steps through an enterprise lens.
- Develops and utilizes metrics and KPIs and CPO operating mechanisms to identify and assure programs’ success and continuously improve.
- Ensures process alignment with evolving business requirements.
- As needed, ensures compliance with relevant Quality Management Systems, including providing support for internal & externally-led audits & inspections. Responsible to ensure that any observations related to responsible processes are adequately addressed & appropriately implemented.
- Responsible to provides inputs to BMS’ risk management processes as needed.
- Provides leadership to scope, plan, and implement process improvements including accountability for sustainable improvements, such as process, procedure, systems, metrics and training material changes; and use of appropriate change management and communication principles.
- Leads the development of strategic business cases to support process improvement (including implementation of digital solutions) and executive communications for decision-making across the data and digital landscape for Global Clinical Supply Chain
- Accountable for the development, approval, and execution for improvement projects, changes, system-related validations and process risk evaluations
- Collaborates with other GPOs, PLs and SMEs to define best practices and drive optimal execution of process across BMS and external partners.
- Accountable to provide training, guidance and support as needed.
- Accountable to provide data and input to drive other continuous improvement efforts across the enterprise as applicable, which may include priority and timing collaboration with other GPOs and GPLs.
- Provides oversight to ensure continuity of process and support systems through major initiatives (e.g. integration, divestiture, or reorganization); serve/lead program teams or sub-teams, manage interim state of operations, ensure establishment of defined future state of processes, as applicable.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and training for stakeholders including both the digital processes and the behaviors necessary for continuous improvement and to optimize process execution.
- Is an ambassador for Global Supply Chain, Clinical Supply Chain & Process & Digital Excellence
- Empowers rapid decision-making by removing barriers, setting clear priorities and streamlining processes; provides the relevant information, resources and tools that enable others to own decisions and take action.
- Creates a safe space for speaking truth and idea generation; encourages constructive disagreement and creative debate; celebrates both go and no-go decisions; values individuals that flag risks or present efficiencies, especially if they result in a change of course.
- Creates strong partnerships & collaborations with stakeholders, internal business partners and external partners including but not limited to Clinical Supply Chain, other Global Supply Chain teams, Global Product Development and Supply (GPS), R&D, IT and ,Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A) to ensure activities are fully aligned with the needs of the business
- Establishes internal and external network to enable visibility to future industry trends, clinical customer needs and technology that could provide opportunities for innovation Maintains global expertise through ongoing training and participation in industry forums.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in technical field (biology, microbiology, chemistry, related life sciences or engineering), clinical or commercial supply chain, business, data science or information systems; a Masters or MBA preferred.
Experience / Knowledge Desired
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in digital or data technology, operations, supply chain, manufacturing, ERP, clinical supply chain, logistics preferably in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. Broad and diverse experience in supply functions - operations, tech services, supply chain, procurement etc.
- Knowledge of supply chain systems and processes supporting depot replenishment, shipments, and warehouse management. Prior experience with clinical trials and/or supply chain is desired.
- Operational excellence experience (green belt, black belt, master black belt) is preferred.
- Demonstrated Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement skill set and delivery. Proven ability to act as a change agent while influencing and challenging the status quo.
- Possesses strong desire to exploit existing and emerging technologies for better business outcomes, is a digital adopter and a flexible learner.
- Understanding of relevant Quality compliance processes and regulations, e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the organization, and identify, align, and integrate cross-functional resources into cohesive teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization; ability to simplify the complex; excellent presentation skills, both material creation and delivery,
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing and decision-making skills; ability to convey an appropriate sense of urgency and drives decisions to closure.
- Ability to think strategically and execute effectively.
- Good clarity of judgement and effective at implementation of solutions. Decisively confronts and resolves issues. Shows courage. Works constructively under pressure.
- Passionate leader who creates a climate that fosters personal investment and excellence, nurtures commitment to common goals.
- Financial management exposure, awareness, and strong business acumen.
- Experience working with numerous systems and tools to enable digital success.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.