At Munich Re Specialty Group (MRSG), individuality and intellectual curiosity is a key driver for our success and innovation. We believe that leveraging a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and empowering all employees to make an impact, will motivate us to perform at our best and give us a competitive edge. We know there is always more work to be done, but we’re committed to building a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is welcomed and valued for their “own expression of self-id
MRSG is part of the Munich RE group. We are known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision across both primary and reinsurance.
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Singapore, Labuan and Dubai.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Green Solutions, Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht. Our purpose is to inspire our clients and people with the confidence and freedom to explore, create and build – to enable people and businesses to thrive.
We are looking to employ a Transformation Analyst to be based in London and to work with us on a full time basis.
If you’d like to work within an energetic and collaborative team atmosphere where you can make difference, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is well suited to an individual who enjoys working with Finance, Actuarial and IT stakeholders to design and build solutions that deliver significant and visible benefits. The role will have the opportunity to implement both high profile strategic and tactical solutions, in an organisation that is embracing change and will support and invest in your professional development.
- Review existing financial & actuarial processes to identify opportunities for automation and enhancements. Common areas for development opportunities include but are not limited to automating manual processes, eliminating process duplication, improving data quality and enhancing existing solutions.
- Scope, design, build and test new solutions, utilising the latest tools and best practices to drive the finance & actuarial function transformation journey.
- Support the transition of new solutions from the development to the production phase, through delivering in-house training and shaping the development of support models.
- Work in partnership with IT to explore and on-board leading software solutions that enhance how the finance and actuarial function operate.
- Explore and leverage solutions being used across the Munich Group (e.g. Munich Finance, Digital Finance Platform) for local MRSG implementation.
What we are looking for
You will have a Technical background in either Finance or Actuarial with experience in General Insurance.
Key Skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including VBA or Power Query,
- Intermediate knowledge of database, such as SQL,
- Familiarity with data preparation tools such as Alteryx or Power Query,
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools such as Power BI or Tableau,
- Analytical, critical thinker with a problem solving attitude,
- Good communication skills and confident speaking to technical and business stakeholders,
- Energetic and curious.
- Degree in a Mathematical, Economics, Computing, Data Science, Business Information Systems or Business Analytics field.
- Part or full accounting or actuarial qualification.
Your career with us
At MRSG, you’ll find the flexibility, development and support you need to excel your career combined with a competitive salary and a benefits package that promotes wellbeing and work-life balance, on top of the standard features that include a non-contributory pension, private medical care, life assurance and more!
Diversity and Inclusion
Creating an inclusive environment is a crucial part of the Munich Re culture, and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Working together, we are an employer of choice by building the workforce for today and the future. We make it happen. Together.