Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative, and fast-growing company with its HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of ground-breaking renewable-energy technology products.
myenergi designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs over 290 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing and finance. Due to the continued business growth and expansion of our Engineering team, we are looking to recruit a Firmware Development Engineer to work within the firmware team delivering secure IoT platforms.
- Work within the firmware team to the development IoT infrastructure for new and existing products.
- Work with Lead Engineer for Security and Communications to create solutions for the continually evolving security requirements in IoT.
- Participate in Peer Reviews with colleagues.
- Manage and organise own work through use of tools such as Jira and BitBucket.
- Participate in team meetings and stand ups.
- Document and present work, with occasional team demos.
Qualifications & Experinece:
- Embedded C firmware development
- Experienced in working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with at least 1 RTOS
- Embedded Bare-Metal programming
- Good Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Writing test benches/ frameworks in a windows or Linux environment
- Use of any version control system (e.g. GIT or SVN)
Highly Desirable (not all required)
- Experience with PKI, certificate provisioning and security with embedded devices.
- Use of GIT version control system
- CI and associated tools
- Writing Unit tests.
- Experience with Espressif ESP32 platform
- Experience with an Object orientated language
- AWS IoT core experience
- Bluetooth and/or Wi-fi development experience
- Mesh networking (such as Zigbee/Thread/Lora radio)
- Embedded Linux development
- Knowledge of messaging protocols such as JSON or protobuf
What myenergi offer you:
- Free charging of electric vehicles on site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let's be there for each other
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Employee Empowerment
- Free onsite parking
- Positive working environment
- EV salary sacrifice scheme
- Birthday Leave – because everyone deserves a day off for their birthday, right?
myenergi is committed to being an equal opportunity, diverse and inclusive employer. We want a supportive and inclusive environment where our colleagues can reach their full potential without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered, and the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued.