Supervisor, Terminal Container
Port and Sea Mobility
Port Operations - Container Operations
Responsible for daily operations and activities at port terminal, coordinate and supervises container operations to ensure the efficient loading, unloading, and handling of cargo, trucks rounds in the terminal, in accordance with safety and local regulations, also coordinates with maintenance and support areas different.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
Functional Strategy & Planning
- Participation in execution standard procedures with efficiency and safety work.
- Support supervisors and all execution team on basis demands
- Support and involvement on trainings
- Ensure safety conditions and equipment for operational execution.
- Ensure the operational planning and provides feedback on improvement opportunities.
- Assures the correct gang manpower assignation.
- Follow performance of people and keep people into the guidelines.
- Assure vessel inspections, talk boxes with teams and drives team into learned lessons.
- Strong leadership to ensure that people use the best methods, skills and encourage the safety mindset during the operation.
- Supports all areas around the operation, for improve quality and interpersonal relationships.
- Oversee the loading and unloading of cargo from ships and trucks, ensuring proper stowage and safe handling procedures.
- Ensure compliance with handling protocols for different types of cargo, such as bulk, OOG and hazardous containers.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols to avoid HIPOs and/or LTIs.
- Ensure safety standards, and correct response in case of any environmental risk during the operation.
- Promote a safety-conscious culture.
- Coordinate with maintenance teams to ensure all equipment is in good working condition and meets safety standards.
- Accurate record of operational data and time controlling.
- Prepare any reports requested related to terminal KPIS and efficiency.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans to address incidents such as spills, accidents, or security threats.
- Coordinate and give support during emergencies following protocols.
- Some other responsibilities added to the role during the progress and terminal way of working enhancements.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Relevant years of experience working on container terminals.
- Bachelor's degree and English level
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills and diverse workforce effectively.
- Proficient in using terminal management systems.
- Able to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff and supporters.
- Flexibility to work in shifts and extended hours.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Acceptable spoken and written English level
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Operation team
- Execution Manager
- Planning team
- Process Control team
- Automation team
- Engineering team
- HSSE team
- Port Authorities
- Shipping Line Agents
- Pilots & Tugs