MFT has an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader who has a proven track record of digital transformation to join the Group Board of Directors. Reporting to Mark Cubbon, Group CEO, the Group Chief Digital Officer (CDO), is a pivotal role for the organisation and to the constituents of the wider Greater Manchester system as you will be expected to collaborate with our partners to help progress the local digital ecosystem.
As an Executive Director of the MFT Board of Directors, the Group CDO will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a long-term clinically led digital strategy and investment framework for the Trust. You will be the expert lead for the evolution of clinical and business information processes, a key enabler of the Trust’s research and innovation strategy and be a driving force in our organisation’s digital transformation. You will also be expected to carry out the role of an Executive Director of the Board of Directors.
Applicants will bring senior leadership experience gained at Board Director level, ideally, having worked within a complex NHS organisation similar to MFT or as a digital officer within a large and complex company or system.
If this opportunity appeals to you and you think you have the skills, expertise and motivation to succeed, we would be delighted to hear from you.
The portfolio involves responsibility for all Trust digital services including strategic and operational IT, information services, business intelligence, information governance and data quality.
- The provision of tactical and operational digital and IT Services commensurate with local need and the digital requirements set by NHS England.
- Drive digital innovation serving as a change agent to enable clinically led digital transformation and move the organisation to be data driven.
- Ensure effective information technology /information system programme management and deliver information governance requirements in line with statutory and regulatory guidance.
- Work in partnership with organisational and clinical leadership teams to deliver a Digital Strategy which is aligned to the Trust’s overall strategy and priorities.
- Be an effective contributor to and enabler of, the Trust’s research and innovation portfolio.
- Work effectively with partners across the GM system and national stakeholders.
- Hold the Trust Executive Senior Information Risk Owner role.
If our Trust and this role is of interest to you and would like to learn more to see if this is the next and best move in your career, we encourage you to contact us for a conversation in confidence.
MFT is England’s largest NHS Trust with a turnover of £2.6bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We’re creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you’ll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We’ve also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research, and innovation through the introduction of Hive; our Electronic Patient Record system which launched in September 2022.
We’re proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What’s more, we’re excited to be embarking on our Green Plan which sets out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open, and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Carmel Gibbons, Odgers Berndtson Job title: Partner and Head of the Healthcare Practice Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 0161 498 3413