A large specialist organisation based in Harwell, near Didcot, Oxon are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the team to have responsibility for providing both technical support and assisting the team in performing building services and fabric maintenance and heating ventilations.
The Key Duties Of The Position Include
- Mechanical maintenance of Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure and facilities.
- Assisting with monitoring and testing duties.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including air conditioning and air handling units, piped gases, hot and cold-water systems (including unvented and pressurised systems), MTHW/LTHW systems, Chilled Water, refrigeration, etc.
- Supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers as required.
- Carrying out and assisting with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participating in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Some participation in 'on call' arrangements during commissioning and operation.
You Should Have Served a Recognised Craft Apprenticeship In An Engineering Or Demonstrate Equivalent Experience And You Should Have Experience From Some (not All) Of The Following Areas
- HVAC systems.
- Process & Chilled Water systems.
- LTHW/MTHW/Compressed Air systems.
- Drainage/Vacuum Drainage systems.
- Liquid/Gaseous Nitrogen Systems
- Equipment controls and BMS (building management system).
- Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
- HSE legislation.
The company offers a salary of £27- £34k, working hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm with an exceptional benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. You also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities.