Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977 and is now moving into an exciting era under new ownership defined by relentless innovation and living sustainable performance in every dimension.The Position
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Intelligence Analyst
to join our rapidly expanding Finance team and play a critical role in developing insights to support strategic decision making. The successful candidate will be required to be a self-starter with a drive to build, develop and enhance an agile reporting suite.Key Responsibilities
- Data collection, integration & communication: Collect, analyse, and interpret complex data sets from various sources including databases, spreadsheets, APIs, and more to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Develop meaningful reports and visualisations that effectively communicate key findings to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Design, develop and maintain reporting: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop interactive dashboards, reports, and visualisations using industry-leading BI tools providing a clear overview of key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
- Collaborative insights: Collaborate with Finance Business Partners to understand reporting needs and provide actionable insights that drive informed decision-making. Proactively identify data trends, areas for improvement and recommend strategies to optimise business performance based on analysis.
- Data quality assurance and governance: Design and implement reporting processes, frameworks, and methodologies to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reports and analytics. Ensure data accuracy and integrity by performing thorough quality checks and validation procedures. Identify and resolve any data discrepancies or anomalies, working closely with data management and IT teams as needed.
- Automation: Streamline and automate reporting processes to increase efficiency and reduce manual efforts. Leverage data visualisation and reporting tools to develop interactive dashboards and self-service reporting capabilities for business users.
- Continuous improvement: Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in data analysis and reporting. Identify opportunities to enhance reporting capabilities, streamline processes, and improve data governance
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in data analysis
- High proficiency in using latest business intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc) to interrogate data, problem solve and provide recommendations
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes and tools to clean and prepare data for analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Proactive mindset with a strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of data visualisation and governance principles and best practices
- Able to provide examples where the status quo has been challenged and the positive impact or outcome on the business
All applications my be received before 22nd September 2023
.What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in multi acre complex located in Grove, Oxfordshire. The Williams Group offers a competitive holiday package, staff events/open days, a subsidised restaurant on site and various car schemes. We have an on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, pilates and yoga free for all staff and contractors to use. Aside from these benefits we can offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a based just 30 mins from Oxford City Centre by bus.
Williams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments