At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energy! We produce electricity from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and we are also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution. Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We have been listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Project Developer to join our experienced and successful development team.
The role sits within the UK development which operates across England, Scotland and Wales, under the Europe and Africa business line. We have a growing pipeline of projects under development and the Senior Project Developer will be responsible for managing projects at various stages of development driving a successful planning determination.
- Project management of renewable energy projects within the development portfolio
- Prospection of new wind and new solar projects;
- Coordination and management of the technical studies and planning documents, including EIA.
- Maintaining contact with determining authorities and driving a successful planning determination
- Develop relationships with partners in order to reduce the risk and cost associated with the planning process
- Liaise and manage planning consultants for planning services, where required
- Manage the grid connection agreement through application to project delivery, regular engagement with DNO and grid specialists / independent connection providers
- Tendering for planning and engineering related services
- Support and manage the negotiation and completion of land option and lease agreements
- Consultation with external stakeholders
- Management of project budgets and financial modelling of projects, collaborating with the Investment & funding department
- Management of projects post consent, through the project delivery phase to Investment Committee
- Internal progress reporting
- Maintain and promote values, strength and reputation of company and its business lines in markets of responsibility
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Educated to degree level or professional qualification preferred, ideally Town and Country Planning
- 5 years min of experience in the energy industry and a consultant or developer
- Proven track record of managing and delivering energy projects through the consenting regime
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong work ethic
- Organization skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks efficiently, especially when under pressure or tight deadlines;
- Positive, “can do” attitude;
- Ability to work in a Multicultural Business environment
- Resourceful and critical thinker, not only pointing out problems but also proposing solutions and ideas;
- 28 days annual leaver per annum, plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- Hybrid working arrangements
- An annual bonus schemes % of base salary
- The opportunity to work as part of a fully integrated global development team with international travel between offices and learn about international processes
- Exposure to full development process of renewable projects from cradle to grave working with O&M, EPC, Power sales and other teams to deliver projects into construction and beyond
- Dog friendly office
- Opportunity to request flexible working
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV now!