Job Title: Junior Project Engineer
Location: Culham, UK
Compensation: Base + Benefits
Work Authorization: Citizen/ Green cardholders
Summary: The Junior Project Engineer acts as an engineer on customer projects in support of the designated Project Engineer. The Junior Engineer provides technical assessment, analysis, and data review. They will work within a multi-disciplinary team to produce the hardware and documentation for delivery to the customer.
The candidate will have a STEM background, with experience working as an engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports customer projects by performing tasks under guidance from the Project/Senior Engineers:
- Analysis of the electrical, thermal and mechanical performance of the battery
- Specification of battery components e.g. heaters
- Work with CAD Manager to generate drawings
- Support in-build technical checks
- Support technical checks during the battery test campaign, including support to testing at external sites, e.g. vibration
- Review of test data, and correlation to predicted performance
- Produce project documentation such as analysis reports, battery user manuals, test plans, and test reports
- Support proposals by providing technical inputs
- Support inputs to technical papers and presentations
- Supports department-level process management documentation
- Supports continuous improvement in the department
- Support communication on technical matters to the project team
- Experience working as an engineer
- Good level of IT skills for data analysis, modelling, results presentation and reporting
- Experience with test and verification activities
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, e.g. space or aerospace
Experience in some of the following areas:
- Mechanical design and analysis
- Thermal design and analysis
- Li-ion battery performance
- Reliability and failure modes
- Vibration/shock testing
- Knowledge and understanding of ECSS standards
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail and an ability to examine and present data clearly
- An ability to effectively priorities and work to detailed scheduled plans and tight deadlines
- Excellent people skills; be a proven team worker but with an ability to work independently
- An enthusiasm for problem-solving and delivering solutions
- Interest in manufacturing and test activities for space hardware
A degree in STEM subject, or equivalent qualification.
With a great possibility and an exciting team to work with, you would be quite an asset to them. If this position seems viable to you then please share a copy of your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About us: Techaxis Inc. is headquartered in Northern Virginia, USA. We are ranked #3294 in Inc 5000 and #105 in Inc 5000 DC Metro Series, SWaM, and WBE Certified technology talent search firm.
Equal Opportunities Employers: Our clients provide equal opportunities to all its employees and all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to their race, caste, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, nationality, disability, and veteran status. Employees of our clients are treated with dignity and in accordance with their policy to maintain a work environment free of sexual harassment, whether physical, verbal, or psychological. Employee policies and practices are administered in a manner that would ensure that in all matters equal opportunity is provided to those eligible and the decisions are merit-based.