This is a senior position and part of senior management team of EC12. While the priorities and responsibilities may change time to time depending on the needs of the sector; the post holder needs to be responsive and proactive in the context of strategic priorities of the Early Childhood – Grade 12 Education department. Duties will include:
- Professional management and leadership of financial and procurement services.
- Financial reporting to enable EC12 to achieve its aims and objectives through the effective and efficient management of its resources.
- Planning and development of EC12 schools in NEOM.
- Work with senior team in defining and implementation of strategies and planning.
- Work with senior management team across cross sectors
- Ensure the project planning and implementation is done in accordance Sector and Regions strategies and plans
- Promoting best practice and ensuring compliance with the financial policies, processes, and procedures set out by NEOM and NEOM ERI EC12 Education.
- Effective responsibility for the following:
- Financial statements
- Management accounts
- Financial compliance
- Financial reporting
- Audit services
- Financial systems and processes
- Other areas of work commensurate with the purpose of the post.
- In addition, the Director will oversee the financial and operational management the various NEOM Community Schools and work with school business managers and staff within schools responsible for financial matters to prepare and present Steering Committee-level reports on the ERI EC12 budget and financial position. This will include promoting a culture of continuous improvement within all finance processes and transactions, to promote shared learning and good practice across NCS schools. This may include providing bespoke training to NEOM finance administrators and wider stakeholders.
To manage overall operations of all NEOM Schools including community schools through school business and operations team. To ensure the facilities are maintained for smooth operation of the schools, ensure necessary resources are in place, provide necessary logistical support the school leadership teams and take care safety and security of schools and its occupants.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Ensure the department has appropriate financial systems in place and managing these in accordance with the agreed policies and timetable; ensuring accurate financial records are maintained and reported to the Central Office and Steering Committee.
- Prepare the year end statutory accounts and the audit file for the year end audit of the accounts; liaise with the auditors to reach signoff and filing of annual company accounts.
- Devise appropriate accounting procedures to control, monitor and disburse the budget, including routine financial arrangements.
- Oversee production of the monthly/ quarterly management accounts and produce timely, accurate and appropriate reports and financial forecasts.
- Ensure consistency and effective functioning of the computer-based financial and management accounting systems
- Ensure regular banking/accounting of all monies and payment of invoices.
- Ensure timely and effective financial information for Trustees and key staff and provide general support to ensure the effective conduct of their business in accordance with the articles of governance and any financial regulations policy/ies.
- Prepare and submit the necessary documentation for workforce, enrollment, and budget planning.
- Carry out financial due diligence of new schools and provide written recommendations to the Executive Director and Steering Committee.
- Advise the E.D. and the Steering Committee on external and internal audit arrangements, as required by financial regulations and memoranda.
- Liaise with auditors and facilitate all audit arrangements.
- Implement audit requirements, as they affect all financial activities.
- Develop and cooperate with internal audit and compliance functions.
- Develop a procurement strategy to ensure that the school obtains best VfM from its procurement activities, obtaining expert advice as needed.
- Identify new purchasing routes, strategies and suppliers to ensure the most effective procurement strategy is adopted.
- Lead the development of detailed framework and/or tendering procedures to comply with statutory and legislative requirements and deliver VfM, obtaining expert advice as needed.
- Lead the contract award process, and ensures that checks and balances are in place to ensure correct probity in the spending of public monies.
- Use cost–benefit evaluation, ensures contracts/contractor performance is optimal and, where necessary, makes changes to drive efficiencies and ensure that VfM is being delivered.
- In consultation with academy Headteachers, develop work specifications and manage all service contracts, commissions and service level agreements with third parties/private providers, ensuring regular and appropriate review and evaluation in order to ensure value for money is being secured at all times.
- Work with the E.D. in the procurement of financial services (audit, insurance, banking and payroll).
- Contribute to the development and review of the strategic plan, including producing a business plan, ensuring the objectives are linked to the overall long-term financial plan.
- Manage special projects as required, particularly those concerned with income generation, and to write bids for funding as required.
Premises Management (Operations – Physical Plant and Grounds)
- Lead and implement a costed, rolling program of maintenance tasks.
- Lead on assessment of future improvement and maintenance needs and develops a medium/long-term plan to deliver VfM and be Quality Assurance Lead.
- Lead the analysis of the current and proposed staffing model in alignment with projected budget.
- Influence and fully understand the recruitment and selection process in-line with safer recruitment. Inform and challenge senior leaders to ensure they understand and are fully engaged with the process.
- Ensure up-to-date and appropriate safer recruitment training is in place.
- Ensures that all HR strategies, policies and procedures are consistently deployed with NEOM Values.
- Ensures effective grievance, absence management, staff wellbeing and improvement, underperformance and disciplinary practice.
- As Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the work alongside colleagues to ensure GDPR requirements are met.
Information Technology (IT) Management
- Lead the IT Team to ensure necessary technology is available to the schools.
- Provide direction to the IT team about educational requirements
- To provide strategic direction to the IT team how to get most advance educational technology available for advance delivery of academic program.
- To lead on special projects like AI, Robotics and holograms etc.
- Lead the project team of EC12
- To coordinate with Regions’ Project teams and Leadership teams to ensure the Regions’ EC12 requirements are met
- To ensure proper planning and implementation of projects
- To work outside consultants and architects for project, planning and implementation
- To ensure NEOM project procedures as per ETSD requirements
Human Resources Management
- To lead the EC12 HR team/liaison
- To plan HR requirements of EC12
- To ensure timely recruitment done through Central HR function and Recruitment Team
- To ensure smooth onboarding of new recruits
- Through HR team, to help EC12 staff to address their HR issues
- To ensure all HR policies and procedures are followed by EC12 including performance reviews
- To ensure all other HR requirements are taken care
Government Affairs and Authority Matters
- To manage the team which handles the GA and proposed NEOM Authority matters
- To work with GA department for getting necessary licenses, permits, visas, and Iqamas etc.
- To work with proposed NEOM Authority to ensure EC12 is fully prepared for Authority activation
- To work with Ministry of Education (MOE) in coordination with GA Department
Policy, Enrollment, Communication
- Lead the team that handles school enrolment, and events and school communication
- To provide strategic direction to the team on effective, impactful and informative communication to internal and external stakeholders
- To ensure the sector’s communication strategies are in line with NEOM Communication Protocols.
- To ensure that the approved communication strategy and plans are implemented
- To assist school leadership in organizing the school events
- To ensure approved admission and enrollment processes are implemented and periodical reports are generated accurately and distributed in timely manner.
- To help and provide necessary assistance to the prospective parents during the admission and enrollment process
- To provide appropriate periodical reports to the management on attendance, issues related admissions and enrollment
- To support the team in drafting policies, procedures and founding laws for EC12 sector
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Managing self and personal skills:
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively
- Behaves professionally when faced with challenging situations
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Is self-starting and proactive
Delivering excellent service:
- Listens with empathy, questions and clarifies in order to understand the needs of others
- Tailors communication to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Uses feedback to drive improvements
- Takes responsibility for actions
- Keeps up-to-date with relevant information in order to provide accurate advice and resolve complex queries
Finding innovative solutions:
- Thinks creatively and implements solutions for complex problems
- Strives to continually improve own processes
- Identifies gaps against best practice
- Draws on experiences of self and others
- Considers alternative options
- Shares learning and experiences with others
- Successfully performs in varying environments
- Has a positive attitude towards change
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
- Encourages experimentation and new ways of working
- Encourages others to initiate and embrace change through influencing and persuasion
Engaging with the big picture:
- Understands links between individual, team and EC12 objectives/strategies
- Proactively builds networks with colleagues in different areas
- Understands different perspectives and ways of working
- Understands the context within which the team is operating
Developing self and others:
- Shows commitment to own development and learning
- Engages with training activities
- Recognizes others’ contribution to the achievement of objectives
- Uses delegation as an opportunity to develop others
Working with people:
- Acts fairly and respectfully towards others
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Fosters a collaborative team-working environment
- Has a comprehensive understanding of boundaries between the responsibilities of different roles
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done
- Works effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Monitors progress and provides regular updates
- Maintains a high standard of work even when under pressure
- Minimum 15 years or more of leadership in accounting, finance, operations or general business management, preferably in an company preferably education company, independent school or non-profit organization
- Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, business management, or related area of study (CPA and/or advanced degree in management, or finance). Candidates with bachelor’s degree may also be considered if they have exceptional experience in leading the job requirements
- Experience in handling Project Management in developing projects is highly desirable
- Experience in working cross sectors and other departments and external agencies is desirable
- Experience in start up ventures is also highly desirable
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills