The BES Group are the leading end to end solution provider in the Testing, Inspection, Certification and Compliance sector. Our team of experts (hand-picked by our Careers Team) cover an extensive range of engineering services.
We’ve gone from strength to strength over recent years, welcoming the very best risk management businesses to our Group. As a result, we’ve grown both our team of experts and our suite of solutions in line with our customer’s needs. We’re private equity backed, which means we have the flexibility and support to move quickly and grow faster than any other company in our industry. We’re innovative and forward thinking and have the awards to prove it, but most of all we’re focused on helping make sure our customers leave nothing to chance.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to support the smooth running of the Training Centre in Warrington. The Training Centre allows our team of experts to train our new Engineer Surveyors, and develop our existing Engineer Surveyor workforce on a variety of equipment from overhead cranes to forklift trucks, excavators to lifts we have it all available under one roof!
What will I be doing?
In its simplest and most explicit form, industrial safety can be a matter of life or death. As a Maintenance Technician in our Training Centre, you will maintain, operate, repair and prepare equipment/plant used by our Engineer Surveyors. By doing this, you will be helping with safety for industry, businesses and for people whenever and wherever.
Some Of Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Perform routine maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair on a wide variety of static, wheeled and tracked equipment/plant.
- Operate all equipment/plant.
- Assist with building and equipment development through fabrication, welding and identifying creative solutions.
- Prepare equipment/plant, ensuing its availability for our training sessions.
- Ensure storage and use of tooling, equipment, petrol/oils/lubricants is orderly.
- Support the Training Centre Manager and Training Administrator in the day to day running of the Training Centre.
- Working with our Technical Specialists, Trainers, and Engineer Surveyors to deliver our training courses.
- Completion of building maintenance/tasks.
What makes BES Group a great place to work?
We genuinely care. It’s basic, human instinct that runs through every person that works at BES Group. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- A competitive salary (£30,000- 33,000 depending on experience)
- Bespoke, industry leading training programme
- Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Laptop (surface pro) provided
- Access to our excellent company benefits portal including; retail, fitness and cinema discounts.
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme.
- Development opportunities across the business
- Up to 10% pension
What experience do I need?
Our team consists of the best, highly skilled and qualified people and we want our new recruits to have the same attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do.
You Will Need
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of various types of wheeled and tracked machinery, including working with diesel engines and hydraulic systems.
- A recognised engineering maintenance qualification and ideally, successful completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship.
- An ability to work independently and make decisions where necessary.
- An organised nature, with the ability to work with and support large groups of colleagues.
- A forklift, telehandler or excavator operating license is beneficial but not essential (we will send successful candidates on a course if needed).
- The ability to communicate complex and technical problems with ease.
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
We want to inspire everyone to see how important safety is and we expect the same from our people. And if you’re on the same page as us about that and you’ve got the right skills, experience and attitude, you’ll fit right in. Simple. We’re all about diversity and inclusion and that means we want our people to be themselves. We’re delighted to be an equal opportunities employer and that will never change!
BES Group, Your Safety, Our Focus