Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators. In the UK and Ireland Fichtner employ over 155 people and operate from our offices in Stockport, Belfast, Glasgow, and Dublin.
This role is based from our Belfast office. We are looking for:
· A good process engineering degree;
· ideally working towards chartered status of an engineering professional body;
· working knowledge of process systems and thermal cycles;
· the ability to specify from a functional and qualitative basis the requirements for a packaged system or installation;
· the ability to read and interpret P&IDs, engineering drawings, specifications, functional descriptions, etc.
· a basic understanding of specific process or renewable energy technology such as; turbines, heat exchangers, pumps, hydrogen electrolysers, condensers, compressors, valves, etc., and the ability to be able to develop this knowledge so that they might become a company expert within their respective field.
· Some experience of having designed, installed, tested and / or commissioned a specific process package or technology.
· the ability to assess technical submissions to determine their compliance with a contract specification, and any specific actions or issues which might need to be resolved or clarified.
· the ability to identify potential technical design or installation risks.
· Some knowledge of CDM, DSEAR, PED, PS Regulations, design risk assessments and other essential design studies including but not limited to HAZOP or SIL assessments, etc.
· effective personal time management skills;
· outgoing professional personality;
· the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues;
· clean driving licence; and
· the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK, ROI and overseas as required;
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary with leading bonus scheme of up to 20%
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Chartership support
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company social events
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!