Why join Apex Hotels?
You will receive a warm welcome into the Apex family on joining us as a Maintenance Technician in Edinburgh. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. We encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and being yourself whilst working as part of the Maintenance and Engineering Team as we believe it is our personality, style and friendliness that makes Apex HotelsBenefits
You will meet great people, have fun at work, develop new friendships, learn new skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes
- 29 days holiday
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial Wellbeing App Wagestream, allowing you the flexibility to get paid earlier than your normal monthly pay date
- Inhouse company interactive employee communication APP
- Entry to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Training and development from day one
- Employee events and celebrations
- £200 referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
And once you smash your probation, you’ll also receive ……
Starting Your Journey
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical Illness & Death in Service cover
- Access to our employee of the quarter and annual recognition schemes
- Long service recognition
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Probation pass and annual anniversary complimentary guest experience overnight stay and dinner for two
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted room rates for employees, friends, and family
- Spa discount
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for completing effective maintenance, both repair and preventative work to assist in the delivery of amazing brand standards and immaculate guest facilities. You will take pride in your work whilst working closely with all team members to deliver exceptional standards. You must have good health & safety awareness in relation to working with hazardous substances, working to heights and appropriate risk assessments.Joining The Dedicated Maintenance And Engineering Department, You Will
With This In Mind, We Are Looking For a Maintenance Technician Who
- Ensure that all supplies and services of the hotel are in good working order.
- Carry out day to day maintenance requests as detailed from the Property Coordinator or Facilities Manager.
- Complete regular machinery testing and maintenance on the hotel machines and equipment.
- Carry out structured PPM (Pre-Preventative Maintenance) to a high standard of finish.
- Carry out any maintenance remedial/reactive activity that is required within our properties.
- Maintain all electrical equipment and complete RCD (Residual Circuit Device) tests quarterly.
- To provide on-call cover alongside the Facilities Manager or as requested.
On your first day you will begin a structured 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge, and confidence to be a great Maintenance Technician.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Good overall knowledge of building regulations
- Can demonstrate good knowledge of working with power tools and hand tools
- Can demonstrate good understanding of building services, including plumbing, carpentry or electrics
- Can demonstrate high level of finish for tiling and grouting
- Health & Safety conscious.
- Has the ability to multi-task and provides excellent attention to detail
- Holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
We encourage you to bring your true self to work - we recruit for attitude and train for skill. We’ll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fun and fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. So, whatever your vibe, our family can never be too big, there’s a place here for you. We have one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We’re an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!