Masdar is the UAE’s clean energy champion and one of the largest companies of its kind in the world, advancing the development and deployment of renewable energy and green hydrogen technologies to address global sustainability challenges. Established in 2006, Masdar is today active in over 40 countries, helping them to achieve their clean energy objectives and advance sustainable development. Masdar is jointly owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala), and Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA), and under this ownership the company is targeting a renewable energy portfolio capacity of at least 100 gigawatts (GW) by 2030 and an annual green hydrogen production capacity of up to 1 million tonnes by the same year.
To manage Masdar’s Power to X opportunities globally with the objective to deliver the business case and to maximize value by ways of enabling growth, successful delivery of projects and in order to contribute to the
development of a commercial and sustainable offshore wind portfolio in line with the overall Masdar offshore wind strategy in close coordination with the wider Masdar Hydrogen team.
Business development and growth of the offshore wind, Power to X and other project portfolio:
- Work on business development opportunities at a regional and international level including screening potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements and financials while also evaluating options, resolving internal priorities and recommending equity investments.
- Analyse and select appropriate joint venture partners for specific markets/opportunities
- Contribute to the negotiation of new Power to X and offshore wind projects and partnership deals with relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse both new and existing Power to X and offshore markets for strategic entry opportunities
- Take an active role in the overall project management of development steps and requirements for projects
Financial valuations, modelling and investment presentations:
- Ensure that valuations for assigned assets are up to date, accurate and reflect an acceptable risk profile
- Ensure that Masdar’s internal offshore team have an accurate and up-to-date financial Model that appropriately reflects an agreed set of stress-tested assumptions
- Develop cohesive and appropriate presentations used for decision making (including to Masdar Investment Committees and Boards) and be part of the team presenting the opportunity to the appropriate approval body
Understanding and analysis of Power to X and offshore wind markets:
- For Power to X offshore wind markets where Masdar has either a presence or is evaluating an entry; understand the fundamentals of the markets (route to markets, competitive landscape, renewable auctions etc)
- Understand, analyse and sign-off on all commercial inputs required for business models required for financial and investment decision making
- Interpret and own any third party revenue curves and assumptions that are provided to Masdar as part of every day course of business but also specifically as
part of M&A transactions
Coordinate transition of projects to the delivery or asset management teams:
- Ensure complete and effective handover of fully developed offshore wind projects to project delivery or asset management teams.
- Contribute to the delivery and management of projects/ assets through providing advice and inputs from a business development perspective, liaising with relevant teams to ensure that overall investment objectives are met.
Coordinate with Shareholder’s departments:
- Support, as needed, and have the performance oversight on activities undertaken by the Shareholder’s H2, Delivery, O&M and Asset Management teams under the region of focus.
- Liaise with Shareholder’s Portfolio Management, Treasury and Business Support teams on presentation materials, reporting updates, invoicing (incl. cash calls) etc.
Management of investor/partner/stakeholder relationships:
- Represent the Company’s and Shareholder’s interests before local/regional authorities, and stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective investors/partners/stakeholders/advisors & consultants.
- Manage internal cross-functional communications with corporate functions, including legal, tax, insurance, engineering, finance, procurement and delivery teams.
- Monitor regulatory environments and establish rapport with international regulators and industry leaders to ensure compliance with the latest applicable legal frameworks.
- If elected by the Company or the Shareholder, manage a project’s / portfolio’s sell down process.
Supervise the preparation of relevant internal documents for approval purposes:
- Review and provide comments to the economic and financial models from a commercial perspective.
- Supervise the preparation of materials for investment committee meetings and other relevant decision- making bodies, ensuring that materials comply with
the Company’s quality standards.
- Present the business opportunities before senior
management and shareholders, as and when required.
- Represent the Company and its Shareholder in conferences and in public forums ensuring that their image and brand are well positioned at all times.
- Master’s degree in business, economics, engineering or relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience in managing complex developments and operations, or related functions with proper understanding of good governance, commercial & financial analysis, and value based management in the energy sector, preferably in offshore wind and hydrogen
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of renewable energy and traditional energy industry, with focus on offshore wind
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills leading to a consultative approach within a corporate / multifunctional environment
- Strong understanding of the complexity and challenges of driving
- Able to manage complex teams
- Excellent understanding of value based management concepts
- Extensive familiarity commercial and risk concepts
- Able to work independent on progress and able to resolve issues
- Strong analytical and communications skills