VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco’s comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS’ market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Home based with travel to sites as business requires. Candidates can be based anywhere between Somerset and Sheffield.
Full time, Permanent
Competitive salary + company car/allowance
This is a new role in a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. VIVO is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Serco and Equans. The role has arisen due to the increasing need to reduce energy costs and support the Defence Sector on its road to zero carbon.
This role will see you drive the growth and overall management of Electric Vehicle (EV) charger infrastructure rollout across the VIVO Built Estate and Housing Accommodation contracts to support the end client achievement of its carbon reduction ambitions.
This includes regular reporting on VIVO progress and charger network utilisation by the end client, establishment and management of relationships with EV consultants/contractors, oversight of feasibility studies and designs, and provision of technical support to local VIVO site teams, DIO and TLBs.
- Drive the growth of EV charging infrastructure across the VIVO Built Estate and Housing Accommodation contracts.
- Support sites in delivery of a programme of EV projects to time and budget.
- Provision of progress reports on VIVO work and EV charger utilisations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provision of technical support to local VIVO team, DIO and TLBs on EV technologies and back-office systems.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing relationships with EV. consultants/contractors to support the VIVO net zero carbon work programme.
- Completion of feasibility studies and designs via the subcontractor network.
- Champion use of EV technologies across VIVO via case studies/sharing successes
- Development of pipeline and financial forecasts for EV ensuring local site teams are aware of likely future work for resourcing purposes.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programme deliverables and financial commitments.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of programme risks.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of EV charging infrastructure projects
- Experience of managing the implementation of EV chargers and back-office systems
- Expert on EV technologies and connection to back-office systems
- Experience of smart charging to manage installations and utilisations for constrained networks
- Experience of the DNO connection processes
- Experience of the integration of EV chargers with renewables technologies
- Experience of the planning permission processes
- Stakeholder management
- Management of costs
- Planning, reporting, directing and controlling activities
- HNC/D level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Continuing Professional Development
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.