Brabners is purpose-led independent law firm. A certified B Corp with award-winning environmental credentials, we seek to demonstrate that business can bring about positive change by being innovative, diverse and sustainable.
With over 200 years of history, we’re proudly anchored in the North but serve businesses and individuals across England and Wales.
We have won awards for being innovative at the Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards and diverse as Manchester Law Society’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champions. We are also recognised as one of the 25 best large companies to work for in the UK and have won The Legal 500 Future Lawyers awards for job satisfaction, quality of work, social life and work/life balance.
We have a number of colleague-led affinity groups including for LGBTQ+, BAME, physical and mental health and social mobility, as well as a sustainability, environmental and green group.
It’s all part of how we make the difference.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Analyst to join our Finance team.
This role will be based in our Liverpool office.
As an Systems Analyst within our finance team, you’ll be responsible for the design and creation of reports, systems and interfaces to enhance business performance. You will also configure, implement, maintain, and customise the financial systems with a focus on the Firms Practice Management System (PMS).
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Configure systems, perform data migration and oversee the implementation of workflow processes.
- Assist with user access and permissions, and managing user queries, offering advice, support and timely solutions.
- Provide analytical and technical support to users on the usage of the finance systems.
- Perform ongoing troubleshooting, documenting and implementing fixes as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain customisations within the Firms PMS and Data Warehouse.
- System related policies and procedures updated annually.
- Proactively identify system issues before they escalate and ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to determine primary needs and goals, and create solutions to meet those objectives.
- Contributing to, and participating in, the build and release management process with development teams.
- Support key projects in the Firm’s finance strategy.
We are looking for a candidate with:
✔ Prior experience in data analysis and automation tools along with financial applications, spreadsheets and statistics.
✔ Prior experience of working with API’s.
✔ Prior experience with .NET, C#, WordML.
✔ A solid understanding of servers and database structures.
✔ A Bachelor’s Degree in business, business administration, computer science or information technology or equivalent experience.
✔ The ability to create SQL queries and to combine results with other data sources.
Our successful candidate will have an incredible opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award-winning law firm in a flexible and agile working environment.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days’ holiday (increasing to 32 days through our loyalty recognition programme) plus the option to purchase an extra five days each year.
We also offer a pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection insurance, as well as plenty of opportunities to get involved in our colleague committees to make a real impact in the local community.