Education and Research Sourcing Specialist
Sourcing Solutions Principal
NEOM U Finance
Education, Research, and Innovation Sector (ERI Sector)
The ERI Sector will be a world class education, research, and innovation hub, that inspires and empowers the best minds: technology to better the world, innovation through the "lab of the future” and life-long personalized development. It will be focused on the fusion of the liberal arts with digital thinking, computing, and technology to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. ERI Sector’s Faculty, Scientist, and students, through immersive, synergistic relationships and partnerships with the NEOM community, its other sectors, and The Line, will serve as the creators and stewards of the “living laboratory” NEOM aspires to be, to imagine, inspire and enable the groundbreaking discoveries and breakthrough innovations the world needs to advance and to thrive. Their innovative approaches in technology-enabled, personalized experiential learning across disciplines, and their bold research pursuits to conquer pressing societal challenges and to define new scientific frontiers, will be supported by exceptional facilities and laboratories which, augmented through immersive partnerships with the NEOM sectors, their industrial partners, and the Line, will enable and foster an unmatched ecosystem for purposeful collaboration, life-long learning and creative exploration at the service of society.
The Education and Research Sourcing Specialist position plays a pivotal role within our dynamic team, with a strong background in laboratory equipment procurement, contracts negotiation, and supplier relationship management. Responsible for overseeing the procurement of essential laboratory equipment and supplies, this role also entails serving as a backup team lead, negotiating contracts with suppliers to secure favorable terms, and managing projects, tenders, and bidding processes for various stakeholders. With a solid foundation in procurement best practices, the Education and Research Sourcing Specialist will contribute significantly to ERI’s continued success.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Laboratory Equipment Procurement: Oversee the procurement of laboratory equipment and related supplies. Ensure timely and cost-effective procurement processes.
- Team Lead Backup: Provide support as a backup team lead when necessary, ensuring the smooth operation of the procurement team.
- Contracts Negotiation: Negotiate contracts with suppliers to secure favorable terms, pricing, and conditions for the organization.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, fostering collaboration and ensuring supplier performance meets company standards.
- Catalog Management: Skillfully negotiate terms and pricing with suppliers to ensure cost savings while maintaining product quality and availability. Additionally, manage and update purchasing catalogs to accurately reflect the organization's procurement needs and align with the latest industry trends and supplier offerings.
- Purchase Orders: Manage purchase orders, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop Strong Customer Relationships: Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers to understand their procurement needs and provide effective solutions.
- Gases and Chemicals Procurement: Handle the procurement of gases and chemicals, ensuring the availability of essential supplies.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in procurement, contracts and sourcing
- KSA experience (typically 3+ years) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes and best practices.
- Familiarity with tenders and SRM.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards related to procurement.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capability to influence and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Project management skills to lead the development and execution of procurement initiatives.
- Professional certifications in procurement (e.g., CIPS Diploma) are advantageous.
- Fluent in English
Note: This job description is intended to convey essential job duties and responsibilities and is not exhaustive. Management may revise this description at any time.
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- ERI Sector and other NEOM sectors
- Intensive interactions with other organizations’ staff