Senior Data Analytics Engineer - Clean Energy Technology
Hybrid - two days per week onsite near Slaugham.
£55k - £65k basic salary + benefits
Join a leading clean energy technology company to enable companies all over the world to deliver clean energy solutions at scale and at speed.
Could you help decarbonise the world through data?
Your skills can help shape the future at one of the world’s leading clean energy tech companies.
Through product design, engineering, and manufacturing operations, the company generates large volumes of data, and that’s where you come in.
You’ll work in the Modelling and Data Analytics team to develop best-practice processes and tools for the analysis of engineering data, to ensure quality and consistency across the business.
You’ll be involved in a journey to harness the power of cloud technologies, optimise digital modelling capabilities, and to support the rollout of the developed tools to other parts of the business.
- Lead the Green Revolution: Join a company at the forefront of clean energy solutions, empowering progressive companies worldwide.
- Eco-Friendly Innovation: Unlike other companies working in this space, our client uses 95% recycled automotive-grade steel, contributing to a cleaner and greener Earth.
- Flexibility Meets Stability: Work on-site two days per week near Horsham and the rest remotely, whilst enjoying stability in a critical sector.
- New Technologies & Analytics Excellence: Although there is still a need internally to work on old Matlab systems, the business is currently building an entirely new platform from scratch with Azure, Databricks, Python, Spark, MLflow & PowerBI.
- Package: £55k - £65k basic salary + benefits (holidays, life insurance, healthcare cash plan, share save scheme, pension, enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay, shared parental leave, cycle to work, and season ticket loans).
- Degree qualified (minimum) in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Science, or similar) with 4+ years of industry experience in a relevant field - Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, etc.
- Experience of developing and using software and modelling tools working in a cross-functional team, using best practice software engineering practices.
- Experience of working with large structured data sets in a cloud-based environment (Azure Data Lake & DataBricks).
- Programming experience with Python or Java, and data visualisation experience with PowerBI (or a similar tool).
- Experience of working in greentech or renewable energy would be a bonus, alternatively a similar field in terms of engineering would also be beneficial (automotive, aerospace, aviation, etc.).
- Matlab experience - some of the old systems are still written in MATLAB, it would be useful to have some knowledge and experience here until everything is moved over to the new cloud platform.
- Experience with Spark or MLflow would be beneficial.
Find Out More
To find out more about the job, client, and benefits on offer, please click the “East Apply’ button.