: BEMS Support Sales ManagerLocation
: Field Based covering North East EnglandSalary
: Attractive compensation package + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.Working Pattern
: Permanent | Full Time with opportunities to improve work-life balance.
Are you an ambitious, self-motivated professional with a passion for decarbonising buildings? Do you have a proven track record in business development and thrive in a dynamic, client-focused environment? We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Service Solutions Manager with a specialisation in Building Management Systems (BMS) to join our team.
We are a leading provider of cutting-edge building management systems that optimise energy efficiency, enhance occupant comfort, and drive operational excellence. We are at the forefront of innovative solutions that drive the decarbonisation of buildings and enable connected buildings for efficient facility management. With our cutting-edge technology and commitment to customer satisfaction, we have established ourselves as a trusted partner in the industry.What is the Role?
As a Support Sales Manager, you will play a critical role in driving our expansion efforts and identifying new fostering strategic partnerships. You will be responsible promoting our advanced BMS solutions, identifying new business opportunities, nurturing relationships with existing clients, and developing strategic partnerships within the commercial real estate, property management, and facility management sectors. Your key responsibilities will include:
What do I need?
- Conducting market research to identify potential clients and market trends.
- Generating leads and developing a robust pipeline of qualified prospects.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key decision-makers.
- Presenting our BMS solutions to clients and effectively articulating the value proposition.
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop tailored proposals and solutions.
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Providing regular reports on sales performance, market trends, and customer feedback.
About SSE Smart Buildings
- You will be currently operating as a strategic sales/account manager with relevant experience within Building Energy Management Systems, complementary Building Management Services or Facilities Management.
- You will likely already have previous experience working in a BEMS engineering role with a good grounding in multiple BEMS products and an understanding of how buildings mechanically work.
- You might have particular knowledge about an industry sector that will help your understanding of customers’ commercial and organisational objectives; such as Education, Health, Life Sciences and Pharma, Data Centres or Commercial Property.
- You’ll have the ability to forge compelling commercial proposals, sell business cases and to responsibly manage budgets to create future value.
- As you'll be field based and travelling to different sites and customer locations, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and are located within the region with a flexible working approach.
We are one of the largest BEMS suppliers in the UK – a top 3 Honeywell Trend Technology Partner, and the first Siemens Master Partner. We love being a market leader and topping out some outstanding projects to the very highest of standards - on time and within budget!
Working alongside our colleagues in SSE we provide some of the most critical building control and energy generation services required by a Zero Carbon world – enabling commercial and public sector customers to achieve their sustainability targets. In addition to building control technologies, our smart energy infrastructure solutions include solar PV, battery storage, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
At SSE, you can count on job security and financial stability and we take pride in being a national company with regional offices spread across the country. While we operate on a large scale, we believe in maintaining a close-knit, family-like atmosphere within our teams. Our regional offices allow us to provide local work opportunities, minimizing the need for extensive travel. We value the sense of community and collaboration that comes from working closely with colleagues in the region, making SSE a place where you can build meaningful connections and enjoy a better work-life balance.Benefits
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you. From health and wellness to finances and family, SSE has you covered:
- 34 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays), plus the option to purchase additional days.
- PensionPlus with 6% employer contributions, rising to 9% after 2 years service and 12% after 10 years service.
- 7x Life Assurance cover
- Share Save & SIP plans
- Cycle To Work scheme.
- EV Salary Sacrifice scheme providing an opportunity to lease an environmentally responsible Electric Vehicle
- EV Charger loan scheme
- Shopping discounts galore!
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.