We are currently looking to recruit a Grid Engineer (with a mix of office & site based), to strengthen the business area’s Project Delivery Unit (PDU) based in our London or Glasgow office. The PDU team is responsible for the project execution of large-scale infrastructure renewable projects of onshore wind, solar and grid services across Ireland and the UK. You will report to the Project Delivery Director for Ireland & UK.
- Single line diagrams and general arrangements of grid connections in support of applications, including switchgear and plant layouts, cable routes, site access, etc.
- Liaison with civil, protection, telecommunication, metering and control engineering colleagues
- Substation cost estimation including maintenance of database of cost components
- Selection of equipment ratings based on plant and grid characteristics
- Value engineering of projects in development phase
- Technical specifications and tender evaluations
- Auxiliary power supply designs
- Short-circuit current calculations
- Constructability / maintainability assessments
- Contractor design document review/approval
- Quality surveillance and test witnessing in supplier factories and on-site
- University degree in engineering, with a Masters degree being an advantage.
- Registerable or registered as CEng or international equivalent.
- Driver’s licence, passport, and willingness to work on site in UK and Ireland.
- Computer literate with demonstrable capability to use full Microsoft Office suit and ArcGIS.
- Work experience in substation engineering for either network owners or consultants. National Grid TP141 certification will be an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Structured thinker with good analysis and synthesis skills, and rigorous record-keeping.
- Multi-skilled, pragmatic engineer, with an ability to manage own workload and provide ad hoc support to colleagues who may be over-loaded.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities, and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- An opportunity to work with renewable energy and contribute to a low emission society
- Professional and personal development in an exciting global company
- A working environment characterized by competence, responsibility, innovation and a strong commercial culture
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
- Career and learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and background
- Hybrid working