Direct Applications Only - No Agency Applicants at this time
About ITM Power
Building on more than two decades of science led research and development, ITM Power designs and manufactures pioneering PEM electrolysers that produce green hydrogen. This helps pave the way to a cleaner economy by enabling industry to decarbonise.
As the first hydrogen related company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange, it’s no exaggeration to say that we’re globally recognised experts in our field.
In recent years, interest in green hydrogen has increased rapidly worldwide. To help meet demand and accelerate global progress towards net-zero, we have scaled up at speed.
In 2021, we opened our cutting-edge factory at Bessemer Park, Sheffield, representing a step-change in our ambition as a business.
Why join us
Our business is entering a significant period of transition, a pivotal stage of its development to scale its business while advancing its organisational culture towards a highly focused delivery company.
You will be working with an inspiring bunch of people, who all share our desire, commitment and ambition to succeed. Our talented team of individuals display energy and enthusiasm with the ability to adapt to ever evolving business needs, encouraging each other to be the best we can. We’ve come a long way, join us to play a key role in the next step of our incredible journey!
What are we looking for
We have an opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our team, based at our HQ office in Sheffield. For this role, you will be working within the process design department to accompany the complete product management and commercial projects life cycle from early-stage conceptual process design, to commissioning and plant start-up. You will also be required to support company safety, quality, and regulatory approval functions. The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
- Preparation and checking of process design documents such as PFDs, process calculations, H&M balances, utility consumption, input into material selection and process datasheets.
- Preparation and checking of Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs)
- Sizing, selecting, and specifying process equipment (i.e., pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, etc.)
- Performing hydraulic calculations and line sizing
- Sizing, selection and specification of process instrumentation and safety devices in compliance with regional norms and standards
- Generation of process plant bill of materials including equipment, valves, and line lists
- Attending the process design safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and prepare action response reports.
- Participate in pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities
- Attending technical clarification sessions with clients and suppliers
- Assist in the product development of department standards and procedures.
- Developing company technical literature including writing operational and maintenance manuals, HMI manuals, acceptance testing procedures and risk assessments, maintenance procedures and compiling supplier information for technical files
- Experience with process simulation software (i.e., Unisim, Aspen Plus, HYSYS, Promax, ProII, Flarenet, Pipenet etc.-any)
- Develop plant compliance documentation such as flammable gas safety reports, pressure safety cases, general and specific risk assessments and specialist compliance reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication in multidisciplinary project teams involving representative from the client, other departments within ITM Power and other contractors
- Results oriented, with good organisational skills, attention to detail, and simultaneously capable of working efficiently and effectively on multiple projects.
- Experience in PEM/AEL technology or gas processing engineering industry is a plus
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years process engineering design experience
- Evidence of study projects in appropriate areas
- Organisational and reporting skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
- Knowledge of the Hydrogen Industry
- Additional technical know-how in SOEC, SMR, fuel cells, clean fuel, energy storage systems and/or chemical synthesis (e.g. ammonia, methanol) is a plus
- Experience in chemical process engineering in EPC in carrying out Pre-FEED / FEED / Detailed engineering work
- A deep and thorough understanding of codes, regulatory requirements of hydrogen industry practices.
- Familiarity with process control via PLC systems
- Familiarity with Safety Integrated Systems and SIL calculations
- Knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems and Pressure Equipment Directives as well as other relevant legislation applicable to the UK, Europe and the USA
- Knowledge of ATEX Directive and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres.
- Gas/chemical process plant operation experience
What can we offer you
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and a wider range of benefits including:
- Buy as you earn (BAYE) share scheme
- Birthday holiday
- Holiday Purchase
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lifestyle Discounts
- Free flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Eye Care
- Gym Scheme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Motor Save Scheme
- Tech Save Scheme
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking including free electric car charging points
We know your career is important to you, it’s important to us too, which is why we also offer opportunities for you to grow and develop your career. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic business and want to be part of our amazing team we would love to hear from you.
Our success is driven by the exceptional diversity of our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we encourage our employees to learn and grow, fuelled by mutual respect in a place where ideas flow and thrive.