Job title: Software Developer (Mid- and Senior-Level)
Location: Glasgow, UK (Hybrid)
Salary: £40,000-£70,000 DOE
Are you eager to contribute your software engineering talents to a purpose-driven cause? Are you a creative, independent individual who wants to build software, data analytics and machine learning products that will shape the future of renewable energy? If you are looking for an extraordinary opportunity that offers individual growth, the chance to make a difference for our planet, and you want to be a key member of an enthusiastic team building cutting-edge technology, then look no further!
At Bitbloom we provide software that helps owners and operators of renewable energy projects around the world to ensure their assets are operating to their full potential. Since our launch in 2019 we have grown organically at a steady rate and secured ongoing commercial contracts with some of the largest owners and operators of renewable assets in Europe, and through this have gained a reputation of excellence and reliability. We are now seeking a Software Test Engineer to join us as we enter the next phase of our growth.
What you will be doing:
As a Software Developer you will be an integral part of our close-knit team where your expertise will be valued and pivotal in creating new and exciting data analytics products for the renewable energy industry. The successful candidate will be capable of outstanding software design, have a high degree of autonomy and be capable of delivering high-quality, well tested code.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-performance, secure, robust, and user-centric software applications that facilitate operation and improvement of gigawatts of renewable energy across the globe.
- Working both independently and with the rest of the software team to design high-quality software that delights our users.
- Collaborating with data scientists, analysts, renewable energy experts, and other stakeholders to ensure our software is supporting and accelerating their work.
- Developing and implementing thorough testing strategies, including unit, integration, and system-level tests to validate software functionality and robustness.
- Regularly reviewing and refactoring code to ensure it is efficient, reliable, and maintainable.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technology trends and innovations to ensure our products remain cutting-edge.
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a software development role
- Database technologies and query languages e.g. SQL
- Automation testing
- Use of CI/CD tools e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of software security best practices
- At least one cloud platform e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- A frontend framework e.g. React, Vue, Angular
- Development of analytics products using e.g. pandas, numpy, C++
- Development of ML & AI products using e.g. pytorch
What we offer
We offer an exciting opportunity to enter our young and dynamic company at a relatively early stage and as a core member of the Bitbloom team you will play a vital role in shaping our future. At Bitbloom we are proud to offer a high degree of flexibility in both hours and location of work, with a focus on wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance.
- Flexible hours & focus on work-life balance
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- 25 days annual holiday
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave pay
- Pension matched up to 5%
Bitbloom is an equal opportunities workplace and believe that diversity and inclusion will make us stronger. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your CV and a motivation letter (less than 400 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we understand there are lots of excellent recruiters out there, at this stage we only accepting direct applications.