Kerbo Charge Social Media and Partnerships Manager
Would you like to work at a green technology startup that is making a real difference to reducing CO2 emissions in the UK?
As our new Social Media and Partnerships Manager you’ll have the freedom to create brilliant content and grow the audience for our disruptive and fast-growing startup. You’ll lead engagement across multiple channels, and help establish new partnerships with local authorities across the UK.
We only went live in February 2023 but already have coverage across the BBC, Sky News and ITV, and have quickly become recognised as a leader in the space.
If you’re looking to make the next move in your career and be part of something big we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re doing
At the moment many people without driveways are putting off getting an electric car because they can’t charge at home - we’ve created both hardware and software to solve this problem!
We’re building a hyper-local sharing network using domestic supplies. We establish local authority partnerships and then install our patent pending through-pavement channel into the pavement outside residents homes so they can charge using their own supply.
Once set up they can share their charger with other residents on their street using our sharing app.
Your role - overview
You will play a crucial role in building and expanding our social media presence across various platforms. Your primary responsibility will be to create engaging content, grow our online community and website presence, and establish Kerbo Charge as a leading authority in the electric car charging industry.
We’re live in Milton Keynes, Durham and Reading, and have 10 more trials confirmed. Now is the time to ramp up our social media presence and local authority partnerships building - and that’s where you come in.
- Audience Engagement: Actively engage with our social media audience.
- Content Creation: Create high-quality content for our social media channels.
- Audience Growth: Organically grow our social media following and the number of residents on our waiting list, increase reach, and improve engagement rates.
- Identify influencers who are interested in our product and coordinate suitable posts.
- Lead our local authority outreach programme to help establish new local authority partnerships.
- Produce high-quality, engaging content for the website that helps improve our search engine optimisation.
- Contribute to our link-building strategy to acquire high-quality backlinks from reputable websites.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to build a social media audience across different channels.
- Ability to create high-quality content.
- A startup mindset - demonstrable interest in the latest best practise for this role, and more broadly about what makes a startup successful.
- Versatility -we’re a startup so you’ll need to be happy to get involved in work outside of your core job description from time time.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience driving an EV! But don’t worry if you haven’t (or don’t have a driving license) - we’ll get you access to one for a long weekend 🙂.
Remuneration and working arrangements
- £35k + pension + equity.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + free time off between Christmas & New Year.
- We’re a sociable bunch and value time together as well as working from home. We’ll soon have a new office in London (within Zones 1-3) and will be there 2 - 3 days per week but are always flexible to everyone’s own needs.