Be.EV is a fast growing start-up, run by a small dynamic team with huge ambitions for growth. We are currently looking for a skilled and dynamic Mid-Weight Graphic Designer to become a part of our EV infrastructure marketing team. The chosen candidate will have a role, in conveying our brands narrative improving our visibility across all channels and creating captivating designs that showcase our EV infrastructure solutions.
- Brand Development and Consistency: Design and update all digital and animated marketing materials while ensuring they align with our brand guidelines. Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams to create visuals that effectively communicate our offerings. Offer insights to continually evolve the visual identity of our Be.EV brand.
- Digital Design: Create visually appealing graphics, illustrations, and visual elements for digital platforms, presentations, and printed materials. Design and create motion graphics and animations that enhance the overall visual storytelling. Develop engaging graphics and layouts for our website, social media channels, email campaigns and other digital platforms. Create infographics that simplify complex concepts related to EV infrastructure.
- Print Media & Collaterals: Design brochures, posters, banners, flyers and other promotional materials. Coordinate, with printers and vendors to ensure the quality production standards are met. Presentation Design; Support sales and marketing teams, in crafting captivating presentations. Develop visuals and diagrams to showcase our EV infrastructure solutions and their advantages.
- Collaboration & Feedback: Maintain collaboration with the content, digital and product teams to ensure that designs align with objectives and meet deadlines. Welcome feedback. Make iterative improvements to designs in order to continuously enhance them according to company requirements.
- Staying Informed: Stay up, to date with design trends related to the EV and green technology sectors. Participate in workshops and training sessions to refine skills and stay current with the design software.
- Proficiency in design tools and software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects), and other relevant applications.
- Solid understanding of design principles, layout, colour theory, and typography.
- Comfortable in motion graphics and animation, bringing static visuals to life.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and a passion for design excellence.
- Coming from an agency background would be ideal but not essential.
Benefits and Extras:
Following the successful completion of a probation period, employees will join our long-term Incentive plan.
- 27 holidays + 5 holidays for Christmas Closure + 8 bank holidays.
- Octopus EV car salary sacrifice scheme! It's like cycle-to-work, but for electric vehicles. You give up some of your gross monthly pay for a new EV, and can save up to 40% on the monthly cost thanks to saving on National Insurance and Income Tax. One of the amazing benefits of this scheme is that you get a free home charger with standard installation plus 4,000 miles of home charging if you switch to intelligent Octopus!
- Company shares- As a business, the owners want ALL the team (regardless of seniority) to benefit from the growth of the business, the growth of Electric Vehicles and the value of the business. The scheme enables all the team to share in the ongoing success of the business.
- Opportunity to work from home one day a week.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme up to 10 days full pay, in a rolling 12-month period.
- Statutory Pension Scheme (3% Employer Contributions and 5% Employee Contributions).
- State of the art offices in Manchester.
- Company Mobile Phone/Laptop and the latest IT equipment required to be successful.
- Social events.
- Competitive salary (the salary package is based on a start-up and the value you can possibly make out the success of the equity allocated to you).
Equity award is based on a standard model for scale up businesses, which is both tax efficient and includes pre-authorisation from HMRC to ensure no upfront tax impacts to the grant. Share options are granted to employees, meaning they have directly allocated shares in the business and so the value of the equity is based on a direct percentage of the increased value of the business. This means there is no cap on the potential from this benefit. Share options vest on a fixed period based on achieving business targets. The number of shares granted to each employee is calculated based on a percentage of the company. The future value is then based on the gain in business value from the start of the award. As an example, *an employee is allocated 0.1% of the company equity and enters the scheme when the business is worth £10m. If there is a future sale event valuing the business at £500m, the employee would receive £490,000, being 0.1% of the increase in company value (£500m minus £10m). Every extra £1 of value in the business directly translates to extra value for the employee. *The above example provides an illustration and is not a guaranteed outcome or amount. Further details on the scheme, the event triggers and time periods will be provided upon qualification for the award. *
Be.EV (www.be-ev.co.uk) is a community-first, electric vehicle charging business that is employee owned and backed by Octopus Energy. Our mission is to create a fair, future-proof infrastructure legacy that connects, engages and elevates communities.
We are based in Manchester but have an expanding national footprint. We are currently Greater Manchester’s largest publicly available EV charging network working in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM); and are working with ambitious public and private partners across the UK to accelerate the expansion of the public charging network and to build a truly unified EV charging network.
We work with all types of businesses and organisations and are expanding our reach and connections across all sectors:
- Private partners including Rochdale AFC, JW Lees, Leeds Bradford Airport, Dobbie’s and IMO car washes.
- Not for profit partners such as the Animal Trust among others – this reflects our status as a community focused Chargepoint business.
- Public sector partners including Trafford Council, Stockport Council, Warrington Council, The University of Manchester and local NHS providers.
Be.EV is a recognised, community based and consumer-led brand with a growing membership base (now at c 18k and counting). We provide easy and reliable charging experiences for everyone, across every community.
We have recently secured significant investment from Octopus Energy Generation (https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-energy-generation/) to disrupt the status quo and to play our part in responsibly transforming infrastructure across the UK.
We are building a smart network using data and analytics creating a future proof network. Be.EV puts the right chargers in the right places – one size does not fit all. Unlike most EV chargers in the ground, they ensure the chargers work, with the network boasting 99.6% operational availability in 2022. The company’s membership scheme has 20,000 members who are active participants in deciding how this network is built and making sure it’s right for the community.
Be.EV is working to install 1,000 further charge points across the UK and beyond by 2024.
Our vision is bold: we are committed to creating a fair, future-proof infrastructure legacy that connects, engages, and elevates communities. We want to power easy and reliable charging experiences for everyone, across every community. We are ambitious to make a genuine difference and to drive positive social value. We want to create local jobs, working with academia in the UK to create mobility as a driver of economic growth. We want to play our part in responsibly transforming charging infrastructure across the UK – and in convincing more people to go electric.
About this sector:
There an increasingly urgent global and UK focus on the climate emergency, electrification and green energy solutions, with inter related issues coming to the fore such as decarbonisation, green infrastructure provision and clean air. The ban on new petrol/diesel car sales comes in from 2030 and despite growing consumer interest levels (over 900,000 electric / hybrid vehicles are already on the road) the public charging infrastructure remains inadequate.
Approximately 300,000 chargers will be needed by 2030; today there are just 37,000. The good news is that this represents a 30% year on year increase, though this lags somewhat behind the 38% annual growth in sales of battery electric cars during the year to November (Source: Zap Map).
Be.EV is passionate about rising up to this challenge, and to democratising access across every region and community. Currently the Midlands, the North and North East lag some way behind the South East.
The next 5 to 10 years will be game-changing, and now is the perfect time to join the EV revolution. Apply below to find out more!