Experienced Wind Turbine Technician
Location: Bathgate, Scotland
Natural Generation Ltd is one of the leading service and maintenance providers in the UK. We have recently merged with Earthmill Maintenance Ltd to make us now, the largest provider of Operations & Maintenance in the UK, specializing in distributed onshore 50 - 500kW wind turbines, Inc. Endurance, Northern Power Systems, and Vestas machines.
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit highly skilled and Experienced Wind Turbine Technicians in their field to complement our workforce.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working on major component swaps, and ideally with an electrical discipline. Although mechanical and hydraulic experience will be considered.
Please note due to the nature of the role and the locations of the turbines, working away during the week and occasionally at the weekend, can be requested. Working away bonuses and overtime are applied as standard.
Our teams are strong in skill set and have an incredible ethos, are you the person that can make a positive contribution to our business?
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a can-do attitude! If this is you, why not apply today?
- Relevant NVQ/SVQ in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in either an Electrical or Mechanical/Hydraulics discipline
- Excellent fault-finding abilities
- Ability to install, repair, service, test and troubleshoot equipment
- Must be able to read method statements and schematics/diagrams
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include bending, lifting heavy equipment and working in confined spaces
- Ability to work flexible hours and work around a changing schedule
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Experience with lifting operations
- Working on Endurance, NPS, & Vestas Turbines
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualifications or working towards
- Scheduled service in accordance with guidelines
- Fault finding, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic assemblies and any major component changes
- Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system downtime
- Completing all job sheets (action lists, time sheets, materials used, work done descriptions) in a timely and accurate manner
- Accounting for all your movements of stock to/from warehouses and vehicles
- Identify new potential areas where turbines could fail and proactively develop solutions
- Provide detailed technical support in resolving problems, including fault finding or developing new ways of working, specialist tools/equipment required and parts
- Maintaining and Inspecting fall arrest systems
- Develop and mentor technicians
- Any other work as required by management
Salary from £18 per hour
Health & Safety is at the forefront of all planned and reactive works and are a fundamental part of our business. We pride ourselves on our safe methods of working, and keeping our workplace as safe as feasibly possible. Our commitment to working safely in an environment free of incidents and injuries is promoted by our management team and is adhered to by our entire organisation.