This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in Hydrogen Production Process Units to join the Global Manufacturing Excellence (GME) organization, under the Downstream Global Manufacturing, to support and oversee the performances of This Company global manufacturing assets. The primary role is to provide process engineering, operations and technical process expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement and value creation programs for refineries' hydrogen purification and generation units, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and technology knowledge management and exchange. Drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.
- Assess operations of Hydrogen Unit existing facilities to optimize operation by developing/setting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of Hydrogen units
- Issue detailed reports to recommend changes supported by simulation models' result to optimize unit operation
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst forecast/evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies
- Manage long and short-term projects to improve safety, reliability, and profitability
- Review and revise standard work procedures and ensure environmental and safety awareness effectiveness
- Liaise with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes as well as with Engineering Services Department for any technology assessment and piloting support
- Perform a process parameters gap analysis and benchmarking among Global Manufacturing facilities
- Provide on-demand technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities
- Provide cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on 'low-hanging fruits' with no or minimal capital investment required
- Recommend and coordinate proven technology deployments in hydrogen units.
- Willing to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years total refinery process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling Hydrogen units.
- Exposure to different licensor technologies for Hydrogen is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
- Strong mentorship skills with the ability and drive to guide the development of junior engineers that you will interact with.
- Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units.