Alfa Energy Group (An Edison Energy Company) is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future. As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Alfa, Altenex & Edison help companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Our alliance enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group.
The Energy Advisory team helps corporations and institutions (C&I buyers) purchase renewable power directly from offsite and onsite projects to meet their energy and sustainability goals. We educate our clients on the available renewable procurement options that meet their needs, help them navigate and conduct due diligence on the multitude of projects and developers in the market, run analysis to stress test project economics, and structure commercial agreements for project offtake primarily through power purchase agreements or direct ownership.
We are seeking an advisor to specialize in clients’ distributed energy procurements, focusing on onsite solar PV and battery storage portfolios
The Onsite Solar & DER Advisor will engage directly with C&I buyers, supporting the strategic analysis of their electricity portfolios, the development of their renewable energy procurement strategy, and the process of identifying and selecting the best risk-adjusted project and structure for their needs.
In addition, the Onsite Solar & DER Advisor ensures the project goals of completion, performance and quality are achieved. The role is essential for the successful implementation of project work and requires establishment of strategic partnerships. The advisor takes direct lead over various project aspects and works to implement project goals.
- Act as Advisor for client portfolios for onsite solar and BESS opportunities including;
- Prioritization and ranking studies of client facilities for on-site renewable energy and BESS system designs
- Closely supporting clients throughout their renewable energy procurement process, leading on all education and market analysis materials preparation and presentation
- Project Managing sourcing and issuing of RFPs materials, RFPs, and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate the proposals received
- Manage team delivery of financial modeling and due diligence of renewable energy projects and storage assets
- Project Managing careful transitions through to commercial advisory and supplier contract execution
- Act as Project Manager for client engagements including
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Oversee all aspects of the project and ensure timely project execution
- Responsible for project cost accounting and management of project budget for financial risk management of the project
- Work with all project stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain the project schedule
- Support relationship building with renewable energy originators to;
- Develop and maintain contractual relationships with strategic partners
- Identify top projects and commercial structures for meeting client objectives
- Conduct primary and secondary research on energy policies, power market economics, utility incentives, retail rates and C&I market opportunities
- 5-10 years of electricity market and project management experience, with preference for solar or BESS background
- Experience of direct client advisory or consultancy for renewable energy highly desirable
- Understanding of wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Working knowledge of general project management processes and scheduling software tools, preferably Microsoft Project
- Graduate degree or demonstrable equivalent working knowledge in renewable energy, commercial disciplines, consultancy or advisory, electrical engineering
- Strong analytical skills to translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and proactive work style, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements
- Ability to adapt and respond in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities, while working independently and as a team
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Regular appraised and career progression
- On going training. We provide weekly training sessions covering a variety of topics such as weekly commodities overview, sales, industry, legislation, etc.
- Critical illness cover
- Additional time off: our office is always closed between Christmas and new Year
- Duvet Day: you choose when you want to take it
- Two hours earlier finish on the day of your birthday
- Travelling abroad to visit our overseas offices
- Team and company social events
Edison Energy, Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Competitive Benefits Available