Overview / Responsibilities
Graduate Digital Solutions Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Consulting business unit of Wood have a vacant position for a Graduate Digital Solutions SDET to support the development and quality assurance of digital technology solutions as part of our asset optimisation and integrity management service.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support fast moving projects in a variety of integrity applications across a range of engineering sectors, including but not limited to conventional oil & gas, energy transition and renewable energy markets, petrochemicals and utilities. Our projects currently include hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable and conventional energies, with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction.
Supporting global energy transition through decarbonisation and green energies is a key part of our plans and we expect to see significant growth in these sectors, while at the same time meeting commitments to existing hydrocarbon development infrastructure . In addition, Wood supports a wide range of industries to ensure the ongoing integrity of their plant and equipment.
Wood is committed to the implementation of the latest digital technologies to the energy environment and is looking for the next generation of engineers with both the skills and imagination to realise this ambition.
Our graduate SDET will assist senior engineers, subject matter experts and test analysts to develop and deliver digital software-based solutions, ensuring quality and reliability through manual and automated testing processes.
The successful candidate will play an integral part of the software development team, with opportunities to engage and work directly with our clients, gaining valuable experience from working directly on engineering projects with supplementary training provided to enhance and develop their key skills.
In this role, the candidate will be required to:
- Apply digital technologies and data analysis techniques to engineering condition assessments
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Create, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks
- Design and document test cases in preparation for manual and automated test execution
- Identify, document and report defects to the development team
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and be capable of writing reports to a high standard
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood’s systems and software
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a “buddy”, mentor, and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved.
- Competitive salary
- Pluralsight subscription (to be discussed)
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra days purchase option
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
Early Careers Network
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.
Early Careers Network activities include:
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
- Access to Wood’s Global Developing Professionals Network
Watch this video to learn more about Early Careers at Wood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsObyLi200
Application Process and deadlines
Upload your CV and enter your details to our recruitment system via the link on the advert
Closing date for all applications will be Friday 10th November
We will review applications in November
We will then be holding screening calls throughout November / December with those candidates that fit the criteria below
Shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to assessment centres and/or interviews in January
Assessments will take place in February depending on location and discipline
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a Computing / Technical field or a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable skills that show an understanding of digital data analysis techniques
- Competency in programming languages, preferably C#, Python, Java.
- Solid understanding of the software testing lifecycle
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous appropriate industry experience gained before, during or after their university courses
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity, and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Wood has a number of offices located throughout the UK and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office/home working and remote working solutions available.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.