The Mechanical Technician will be an experienced and skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component in a base maintenance environment.
At this level the post holder requires a good understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work unaided to approved data, maintenance instructions and in accordance with the organisation’s Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE). Demonstrates the ability to analyse and diagnose faults to equipment & assemblies, follow diagnostic procedures and work effectively within a team provide guidance to less experienced team members in a diverse and dynamic operational environment Core Activities
- Undertake and complete tasked maintenance & diagnostic activities on aircraft systems/components which may include, as appropriate, Aircraft Ground Handling, Flight Servicing’s, Aircraft role changes, embodiments, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
- Maintain personal task authorisations for working on aircraft or components.
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
- Performance indicators – Ensure the effective provision of Part 145 activities by meeting delivery targets and reporting any impact on Continuing Airworthiness. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance.
- Completion of activities – Ensure all Part 145 activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT / paper based). Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Procedure/standards – Comply with the Part 145 Exposition, its associated procedures and standards and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Identify and propose changes, as required.
- Safety Management System – Ensure Human Factors and Error Management philosophies are applied to all Part 145 activities. Understand the risks associated with Part 145 and the means by which they are mitigated and managed.
- Management System Assurance – Ensure Part 145 activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance framework, including supporting Process Confirmations and independent assurance audits. Support the response to audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information to support the relevant reviews. Support the implementation of identified improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
- Statutory / Regulatory & Legislative requirements – Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework. Support the implementation of any Regulatory-driven changes into the Part 145 activities. Ensure compliance with all other requirements, e.g. ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Contractual Requirements – Ensure compliance with applicable contractual requirements, e.g. through support to contract reviews via the incorporation of required changes into Part 145 processes.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent.
- Typically, 2+ years’ experience in aircraft maintenance
- Requires general product knowledge/competency within own technical/subject area and a basic knowledge of those elements in other areas.
- Awareness of how the team integrates with others in order to achieve the overall objectives of the area and demonstrates an understanding of the requirement for continuous improvement and its application.
- Hawk Composite Flight Servicing- Pass. (Desirable)
- Hawk Trade ‘Q’ Course- Pass. (Desirable)
- Leadership- Foundation. (Desirable)
- Human Factors- Standard Course Specification.
- E&PW Awareness- Standard Course Specification. (Desirable)
- ITAR Awareness- Standard Course Specification. (Desirable)
- IT Literate.
- Competitive Basic Salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Annual Bonus
- On site Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Shift Allowance