TEKEVER, the market leader in Unmanned Maritime Surveillance and the first to provide a BVLOS UAS commercial service in the UK, are looking to hire a Maintenance Technician for fixed wing Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
As a Maintenance Technician with us you will be working within a highly skilled team to carry out intelligence driven mission scenarios and ensuring the delivery of information to our customers.
It will be your responsibility to plan missions based on customer requirements and to provide effective operations with a world class product. On a daily basis you will be maintaining TEKEVERs UAVs ranging from 5kg-180kg and making sure that missions are carried out safely.
Technician Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Component preparation & inventory management
- Airframe preparation and assembly
- Electronics soldering & wiring harness preparation
- Avionics & autopilot integration and setup
- Quality control and bench testing
- Sensor/payload installation & setup
- Installation of onboard processing hardware & software
- Customer delivery and demonstrations
- Servicing & repairs
- Maintenance and upkeep of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Communicate and work with our design engineers to facilitate constant improvements to our capabilities and products Desirable
Additional Technician Skills to include:
- Ability to learn and utilise to a high level, data analysis software for testing of sensor payloads
- Ability to understand instructions from our software engineers and prepare onboard processing OS, and compiling of code and apps.
- Understanding of ISO/quality control principles
- Knowledge of common sensors including camera, optical and lens principles
- Experience with LiDAR
This list is not exhaustive.
You will be needed to perform different tasks as necessitated by your growing role within and the overall direction of the company. We encourage and understand there will be applicants that have a selection of skills from the larger overall required pool of talent needed.
In addition to the requisite technical skills for the role we are also looking for candidates with:
- Understanding of the UAV industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive can-do' mentality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate a level of autonomy in the work place
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Collaborative and continuous improvement approach to work
If the above excites you then we can offer an attractive salary package along with a superb pension scheme. We will give you an annual leave allowance of 25 days plus Bank Holidays and we have an employee assistance programme to support you should you need it.
As an Armed Forces friendly company we will guarantee an interview to all applicants from the Armed Forces community (serving, veterans, and forces family members) as long as the essential criteria of the role is met.
To be part of a world class UAV provider, you will be required to deploy around the world with a small team with the opportunity to work from home when not deployed (Deployment ratio 2:1)
DRIVING & TRAVEL- Due to our varied customer base and global reach, international travel will be required from time to time. All candidates need to have a current passport. Also, due to the location of the facilities, and requirements to often travel inside the UK either to customer sites or as part of trials/projects, a full, clean UK driving licence is required.
APPLICATION PROCESS- please email and include your CV along with a covering letter. We would like to hear why you believe you would be a good fit for this role, along with highlighting any relevant experience and skills for the position.
SECURITY- Candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies, and projects will require full SC clearance which will require further evidence to be provided.
- Company pension
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Sick pay
Supplemental pay types:
- United Kingdom (required)
Willingness to travel:
If the above excites you, apply now! Send your CV to email@example.com.