Glasgow, United Kingdom / Altrincham, United Kingdom / Tadley, United Kingdom / Bristol, United Kingdom
About the role:
To lead and direct a single disciplinary engineering team to deliver a technical solution on projects that meets the corresponding requirements, associated performance conditions and constraints as stipulated by our clients to the agreed time, cost and quality.
To be an effective communicator where communications within the project teams and stakeholder management are key for a successful project delivery.
Safety and Legal:
- Solution development and delivery.
- Manage the specification and development of a solution that considers the full lifecycle requirements.
- Carry out work in line with our Client’s and JV team’s Project Delivery Fundamentals.
- Spearhead the identification of design, engineering, technical and safety case risks for the area and contribute to remedial action planning and implementation along with input into other disciplines (Construction and Commissioning) as appropriate.
- Oversee by delegation to the respective C&I task lead engineers the Identification, implementation, and compliance with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Define, manage, and report technical scope to the Engineering Manager and Engineering Director as necessary.
- Coordinate the specification of derived area product capabilities, associated conditions, constraints and validation (to evidence needs)
- Ensure that derived product requirements are valid, appropriate and that each requirement has an owner
- Liaise with other discipline and SMEs, including where required, arranging and chairing coordination meetings to ensure information flow-down is captured and disseminated correctly.
- Management of scope and design change for C&I tasks, supported by C&I task / technical engineers.
- Apply an agreed pragmatic and proportionate approach to design substantiation, details and quality requirements for the project you are responsible for, applicable to the project cycle you are in (for example, RIBA Stage 2, 3, 4 etc).
- Report on the performance of any supply chain design team associated to your project.
- Implement the approved design change management process where required.
To the Engineering Manager / Engineering Director
- Delivery of design solutions that meet the Requirements Specifications and Basis of Design within the agreed budget, timeframe, and quality. Sub-task packages could typically include:
- SCADA / PLC.
- Instrumentation including safety systems.
- Cabling and cable management systems.
- Criticality Incident Detection and Alarm System.
- Fire Systems design and / or package integration.
- Security and / or Safety Access Control and / or package integration.
- Communications, networking, public address.
- For all technical, safety and engineering risks for the area in that they are identified, owned and managed.
- For reporting in an accurate and timely manner the status and performance of work
- Accountable that all necessary outputs for C&I are generated to meet safety, environmental, security, Throughput, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability and Legal requirements, installation, commissioning and taking into service of plant and equipment.
- For delivery to appropriate and adequate design standards and practices and deliverables and solutions generated are safe, legal and adequately underpinned.
- Support the construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- To work in compliance with the Collaborative Management Plan.
- A Chartered Engineer.
- Good communication skills, including setting out clear and unambiguous instructions to the team.
- Good co-ordination skills including leading, mentoring, and coaching.
Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain Security Clearance.
About The Business Unit
The Energy unit delivers services to clients globally across a number of sectors including hydropower, nuclear, waste, renewable generation and transmission & distribution networks. Together we provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle – from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. Together with our clients, we’re helping to deliver the energy transition globally.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald is one of the world’s largest employee-owned businesses? This means that we are not accountable to external stakeholders and are in control of our own future. This creates a unique culture where decisions are made for the benefit of the staff/company over the long term.
We are proud to be a one of Glassdoor’s top 25 employers to work for in the UK in 2023, as well as being recognised by the Financial Times and market and consumer data company Statista as one of the UK's leading and highly recommended management consultants in: Construction & Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities & Environment, Public & Social Sector, Sustainability, and Travel, Transport & Logistics.
We Offer Some Fantastic Benefits Including
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.
England - North West, England - Outer London, England - South East, England - South West, Scotland
Europe and Central Asia