If the following job requirements and experience match your skills, please ensure you apply promptly.
Hybrid or Remote
Locogen are driving the transition to a world powered 100% by renewables.
We’re an internationally recognised and award-winning expert in facilitating the development, construction and operation of utility scale low carbon assets and renewable energy systems for our partners and clients.
We are happy for you to work remotely in this role. However, if you live locally to our Edinburgh HQ in Stockbridge - you would be most welcome to join us in the office.
We are a flexible company - with core hours of 10-4 and accommodating to people’s personal and caring responsibilities.About Our Senior Solar Energy Consultant Role
We are looking for a Senior Solar Energy Consultant to join our Consultancy team. You will be responsible for providing technical and commercial advice to our clients with a focus on large-scale ground mount solar energy development whilst providing clients with a clear understanding of the works required to take projects through the full development process. Your technical skills will be integral to developing business strategies in the area of solar development as well as in conjunction with other departments to co-locate solar with storage, hydrogen and other emerging technologies.
Some of the things you will be doing
- Completing detailed feasibility works for a range of solar energy projects.
- Undertaking discussions with DNOs and Transmission Operators progressing to grid applications to secure export capacity.
- Supporting with the preparation and submission of planning applications.
- Leading in the completion of pre-consent, pre-construction and operational due diligence and technical advisory works.
- Liaising with manufacturers.
- Completing scopes of work and costings that meet prospective client’s requirements.
- Managing projects and associated budgets, ensuring all works are completed to the required quality standards.
- Communicating report outputs to clients effectively and professionally and manage client expectations.
Our vision is to see the world powered 100% by distributed renewable and low carbon energy; where everyone has access to affordable, sustainable energy and clean air. We work to realise that vision by delivering renewable and low carbon solutions that work for our customers and partners.
We help our clients by providing investment-grade technical and commercial expertise and advisory services to support the development, design, build and operation of renewable energy and low carbon projects in the UK and internationally. We do this by providing consultancy and contracting services to clients and through direct investment in projects and technology solutions with our partners.
We have grown significantly over the last few years both in the size of our team and the scale and scope of the projects we engage in. From our roots in community scale decarbonisation and shared ownership we now focus on larger, utility scale projects where we excel in getting the community onboard and assisting with environmental stewardship.
What is it like to work here?
We are a multidisciplinary team of friendly, innovative, and creative people who are passionate about renewable energy. We are informal. non-hierarchical, inclusive, open, and collaborative. We love what we do and believe in empowering and trusting each other to deliver. We learn from our experiences, take accountability, and hold others to account. We are client focused and inspire each to do the best we can. We like a chat and value communication with each other and our clients. We value communication with each other and our clients.
We are happy for you to work remotely from home, but we also have a smart new office in Stockbridge in Edinburgh that is dog friendly and has parking. We are a social bunch with regular social events and paid for quarterly full team events.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible working hours: core hours are 10am – 4pm - if you make up your weekly hours then we don’t mind how you manage your time.
- 34 days holiday.
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities – training, memberships, and educations costs covered.
- Private Health insurance.
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness, and Income Protection options.
- Growth Shares Scheme.
- Pension at 10% (5% employee/ employer contribution split). We are flexible on if employees want to opt out or contribute more of their salary.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- EV Car Scheme.
Please apply using the link.
No candidate will meet every single desired criterion. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you.