Controls Software Engineer
A Surrey-Based Green Tech/Renewable Energy business is on the hunt for a Controls Software Engineer to join their vastly expanding team. Over the past few years, the business has gone from strength to strength going from a head count of 30 to now over 100 with more growth plans in-store.
Pioneering the Hydrogen Fuel Cell world, this is a very exciting time to join the business!
Responsibilities of a Controls Software Engineer:
- Develop and implement control strategies for the optimal operation of fuel cell power generation systems across product platforms
- Implement diagnostics and monitoring capabilities for prototype systems using a combination of hardware and software technologies including calibration tools
- Validate control software on test benches including the preparation of test cases
- Participate in systems design activities including requirements analysis to capture functional, safety, and compliance requirements
- Actively adhere to engineering best practice software revision control, software testing, and safety-critical software development
Skills and Requirements of a Controls Software Engineer:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Computer Science, or other related engineering discipline
- Significant experience of model-based systems development with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow environment and code generation to C/C++ with either TargetLink or Embedded Coder
- Experience in control software verification and validation processes such as SIL, PIL, and HIL tests to prove designs
- Experience using version control tools, ideally git
- Experience with functional programming such as in C/C++ and scripting in Python and MATLAB
- Working understanding of electrical systems including batteries, power electronics, electric machines, etc. as well as analog and digital electronics knowledge
- General knowledge of functional safety and ISO 26262
- Working From Home Opportunities/ Flexi-working Hours
- 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
If you are a Controls Software Engineer with a passion for Clean-Tech then please get in touch with Luke Tanner at Orion Recruitment or hit APPLY NOW!!
Please note the Business is not able to provide sponsorship.