Role Applications Engineer Location Based NW England/ Hybrid Working Salary £40,000 - £50,000 and Negotiable DOE
Overview As partners to a select number of world class OEM organisations, operating a range of engines and CHP energy systems we require the services of an excellent Applications Engineer to join our busy and growing team. Our renewable power systems are utilised by a wide range of commercial application throughout the UK where a zero-carbon energy solution, reliability, and grid resilience are critical.
If you have a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial drive to strive and succeed in your career and meet our criteria below, we urge you to get in touch and join our team. As the Proposals Engineer, you will take ownership in the development of competitive quotations for commercial solutions, ensuring prompt delivery meets the bid deadline, to guarantee customer satisfaction and confidence through clear communication and sound technical advice.
The Role of Applications Engineer
- Provide dedicated support relating to both CHP, power generation and renewable “green technology” opportunities, whilst proactively creating and delivering technically, commercially accurate and competitive proposals and quotes.
- Develop key contractor relationships to manage contractor and supplier pricing matrices/databases to keep exact records.
- Interpret customer performance requirements, specifications, and technically related documents, overall proving a positive customer experience from the outset of first contact.
- Maintain and develop an authentic level of product knowledge, its application, the energy, and environmental markets as well as legislative requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent and demonstrable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Engineering Document production skills, including technical and creative writing, document formatting and copywriting of Tenders/Proposals.
- A background in sales engineering or proposals engineer with no less than 5 years’ experience within mechanical, LV electrical or renewable technologies.
- Experience from within CHP and/or generator industry sector is essential.
- An awareness of ‘Green Technologies’ (Battery, Solar, Heat Pumps etc)
- Commercially aware with an appreciation of contract negotiations
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of database management
- A consistently high-level quality of work.
- A self-starter, problem solver and confident communicator.
- A team player with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Financial and commercial acumen is essential to support the development of new sales opportunities.
- The ability and experience of working on multiple tenders and projects as priorities develop.
- Analytical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Eagerness for learning to stay on the curve of innovation.
25 days hols + 8 bank holidays
Income protection scheme
Full training programme and career progression.
Access to Perkbox and Employee Assistance Programme
Fleetsolve values equality, diversity and inclusion we celebrate and support difference and believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of sex, gender identity, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and socio-economic background.
Fleetsolve reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.