The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for delivering front line mechanical & Instrumentation preventative and corrective maintenance on Water Treatment Plant systems at the McCain facility. The role will also include working closely with and supporting projects and other maintenance elements within the business, such as plant equipment upgrades and commissioning of new equipment.
The Maintenance Technician will work closely with Site Managers, Project Managers and Site Operators to ensure effective delivery of maintenance/project activities in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience of carrying out all aspects of a Mechanical planned maintenance programme
- Operational and maintenance knowledge of water & effluent treatment plants
- Experience of working directly with sub-contractors and dealing directly with third parties to arrange / organise tasks
- To be able to demonstrate through previous work experience, an ability to interpret advanced technical literature and engineering drawings to affect repairs of complex items of plant
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of complete cycle of maintenance work from planning stage, to implementation and to completion of tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a quality system
- Hard working self-starter/self-motivated able to work on your own with little local support following initial training/induction periods
- Experience of working in a ‘virtual team’ environment, good IT skills in order to work independently with a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- High level problem solving/fault finding skills
- Ability to read technical drawings, manuals, and technical specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to liaise with multiple commercial/technical internal and external contacts.
- Training will be given for Instrumentation calibrations.
- Visible leadership on HSE issues at all levels both in the client organisation and within Nijhuis Industries
- Understand the multi-skilled (EMI) maintenance function to complete basic and/or complex maintenance tasks and to work unsupervised with a proactive attitude.
- Pro-active approach to safety, inputting into monthly safety stats and KPI’s, and taking an active part in ensuring the team meet its targets
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Nijhuis Industries personnel, and sub-contractor staff.
- Development and maintenance of good housekeeping practices
- Continually look to improve methods and systems
- Identify faults, evaluate rectification measures and to make initial recommendations, in order to carry out basic and/or complex repairs. Interpret advanced technical literature and drawings to affect repairs
- Utilising plant information, identify any changes in equipment performance and/or potential operational problems, evaluate and make initial recommendations to return plant to its optimum operating condition.
- Attending maintenance related meetings as required providing input as appropriate
- Working in partnership with the Process Plant Operators
- Identify and carry out “on-the-job” training of new personnel
- Reporting all PM and emergent works on a weekly basis through company systems.
- NVQ / City & Guilds or other qualification in Mechanical Engineering/Technology and/or significant relevant experience
- Computer Literate
- Health & safety training